[NEWS] Visions of N'Zoth Now Live!

I have a question regarding this new content but cannot seem to find any answers so I decided to post here.

I’ve managed to get my new cloak but in discord chat the other night several folks were having issues doing the content because of the difficulties. It was mentioned that for some reason the “sync” option recently enabled in the game doesn’t seem to work for folks wanting to group up to accomplish the content.

Many of us tend to solo these events and I am one of those players. I was dismayed to hear folks saying the “sync” function does not work unless all party members are at the exact same spot in the exact same quest together. I was hoping to use this “sync” option to complete some of the more difficult content or help out others who are struggling.

I would appreciate some feedback on this as I feel it would be helpful to “sync” up to accomplish some of this content. I know that the way the “sync” option is reading, it doesn’t address this particular type of group setup with everyone at the same level but not at the same point of the quests.

Do you think it’s worse for range players than melee? I have a mage that I want to get into N’zoth content, but I’m a bit worried she’s going to be having more repairs than quests actually completed.

I play range characters most of the time and find that those with combat pets, or even temporary helpers, do better. But strategy is the name of the game as I have been finding out.

My warlock is Affliction spec and i ran through the first part of N’Zoth for the cloak using my voidwalker. Although he is squishier now than in Legion (even though I had to keep re-summoning him as needed), he did fairly well. I tend to work my way through areas from the outside and circle through the least dense mobs. I tend to pull any adds first, then those mobs that are critical to pull down to get to my chosen target. Takes longer but I lived through those initial encounters.

As for the invasions, its best to fly above the mobs and find a small group of 2-3 or less off by themselves to take out. If you get in the middle, you will get swarmed because the respawn rate is outrageous.

The trick here is to follow other players around and “help” them in the process of accomplishing your own goals. I made the mistake the first time through an invasion of dropping right in the middle of the area under attack and got my butt handed to me. Therefore, I changed strategy since my lock is somewhat squishy and I do not have a lot of speed/haste. Certainly could use the blink like mages have but all I have is my racial which is really not as useful in dense mob areas.

As for the next series of events to level my cloak up will require instance runs, I belong to a great guild who tends to step in and help anyone who needs it. We’re older and, although not necessarily that quick on reflexes, we tend to group up when necessity dictates.

For instance: tomorrow evening we are gathering like we normally do for our raids and will split up into small groups of 2-3 folks per group to tackle these events. It is much easier with help to accomplish those and many of our guildmates have already started leveling up their cloaks. They will be helping the less successful folks to get through this so that they too can get the levels on their cloaks. We will be able to complete more successfully without deaths as each time you have to go into those, it costs those item points you’ve been collecting.

Several of our members have lost out because they attempted to solo some of these instances and died. But had to pay again for the entrance, without benefit of refund on lost points from the failed run.