[News] Gain the Winds of Wisdom 100% Experience Buff

O.O I was planning to level one of my lower level toons next week with my brother since we had been slacking on that, but with this change, moving that up to this week. And then leveling more next week.

Can we get this as a holiday in the future? Maybe part of the dungeon holiday event or something? Or have it as an alternative for the world quest holiday for lower level toons? Doesn’t have to be 100%. Could be a 50% boost for the week. The weekly holidays don’t have much use for lower level toons aside from timewalking so would be nice to see some love for them.

3 Likes

Greatly appreciated! I find myself at home leveling characters I wish I had now that I’m being “social contracted” by my Californian governor to stay home!

Thanks a bunch!

6 Likes

I can’t wait to level alts for cooking because anything is better than whatever my roommate has been making.

8 Likes

Ty for the windssss!!!

1 Like

I have only one question…

WHY LEVELING?!!

Leveling content in WoW generally isn’t a problem, it’s arguably better than the endgame in most cases and only becomes a problem when people are in a rush to get the aforementioned endgame.

People have more free time now (as explicitly stated), this just ends up pushing them towards the more tedious and less interesting endgame (well, debatable on that point) faster… resulting in more people probably getting fed up with that particular part of the progression ladder!

So why boost leveling experience?
It’s the ONE thing that doesn’t need such a boost.
This isn’t Vanilla where people are out of quests and grinding mobs for XP.

Why not boost these instead?

• Reputation gains
  • Honor / Conquest gains
  • AP gains
  • Endgame currency gains

These are the grinds people are fed up with, leveling doesn’t really need to sped up any more at this stage. It’s the overly tedious endgame grinds that need fixing.

22 Likes

Sticky this good news.

1 Like

Double XP? Alts, here I come!

6 Likes

I have been leveling an Alliance Paladin Alt for Shadowlands, and I wasn’t sure I would get him into Nyalotha or even get him to 120 in time. But now I am pretty sure I will get him to level cap before this buff expires.

Yay blizz.

2 Likes

Thanks, Blizz :slight_smile:

Time to leveling my mage

1 Like

Oooo, that reminds me, I need to get back to my old Horde Mage and level that too. I still don’t have the Double Agent achieve.

This is awesome. Thank you ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t you think we should be able to opt out? I can’t even click the buff off. What if I wanted the full leveling experience?

10 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s awesome, maybe I’ll finally get around to leveling alts… haha. :frowning:

Because…

Reputation gains - This is already in the game that comes with a buff every so often through the weeks

Honor / Conquest gains - I swear this is similar to what I just mentioned, there a buff that is is given that increases the amount given.

AP gains - There is already a BIG catch up mechanic in the game that gets you to like level 50 in like a few days if you login every day and do your normal stuff.

• Endgame currency gains - I assume you mean the Echo’s which they already gave people so many ways to obtain these when they released it.

The problem with what you are asking for is only thinking about those who are at max level. Applying a XP bonus helps those who are at max level who may want o level a new character and try a new class they never had tried before. Also helps those who just started playing who are stuck at home and wanted to try the game out.

Gotta think about everyone who is effected and not just the people who have been playing the game for a long time .

18 Likes

Time for me to start a mechagnome

3 Likes

Thank you for giving people something to do while they are confined at home!

6 Likes

It does that when your reply is directly under.

Thank you Blizz, this is amazing! :revolving_hearts:

Wow, this is the first time they’ve offered something like this. Big move for Blizzard. Curious to see the public’s reaction.

2 Likes

Friggin awesome! Thank you!