Newbie question

Hello everyone!

i have a newbie question, what level should i be to solo the bosses in wailing cavern? is this even possible? i know wow is an mmo, and i should play with others but i love to solo dungeons for specific items, i think it add so much to rpg element.

thanks!!!

Im going to say definitely maybe, but Im not really sure exactly when druid “takes off” or if it has enough tools in the 20s to solo dungeons. There’s only one way to find out

hehe defenitely! but the dungeon will not level up as i level up as well correct? (is that what they call timewalking??)

Im pretty sure they will level up with you. I didnt play legion and havent leveled a character from 1 in BFA, but the dungeons in legion/bfa content definitely do level with you, so I imagine they would in earlier content. That’s just level scaling, timewalking is kind of similar but they basically give you 120-level rewards for doing older content scaled up.

Also, fwiw, everything I’m reading after a quick google search says that dungeons are almost not even worth doing because they tend to be overtuned with the new scaling system. I would just do quests and stuff while in a lfg queue, I forgot about how they kind of broke the tuning of things with scaling and the stat squish, it could just end up being a headache

Every vanilla dungeon scales up until level 60, so I think maybe in mid 70s or maybe 80 you’ll be able to solo it. As bear.

oh my! thanks everyone, you all just save me a useless trip to wailling cavern!! oh well, i guess i will just level up for now thanks again, it is very appreciated

I remember when I first started out mid-vanilla and all I wanted was the Druid of the Fang complete armor set. It gave interesting bonuses to low-level gear. Unfortunately, it was out-classed by other gear soon afterwards and there was little point to trying to farm it given the time-frame needed to get the complete set. Still, even at low-level it still shows the joy and envy of a tier set…something they should definitely bring back.

1 Like