Newbie question - What trainer to fight to level up pets?

Hello! Could any of you great collectors point me in the direction of some repeatable npc trainer lad that I can beat with a carry pet to level up some new lil companions I got.

Preferable in BfA as I can fly there, not so much in WoD or Legion :frowning:

Thanks a bunch!

The problem with the BfA tariners is that they were all made repeatable with a corresponding reduction in xp, so none of them are really much use leveling.

The 4 Legion trainers that appear in Dalaran might work for you flight-wise, depends on chance which are there though. They give full character and pet xp each time they’re fought though and are endlessly repeatable.

Thanks a lot, I did not know about the exp reduction, does this apply to the garrison menagerie fights?

No… none of the WoD trainers scale or use exp reduction, including the garrison menagerie.

Just a clarification. Squirt is currently the only menagerie fight that gives good pet EXP. All the other menagerie battles have significantly reduced EXP. Since Squirt is the only “trainer” battle, your statement is correct, but for those who don’t know how to differentiate between a trainer/tamer battle and other pet battles, I just wanted to highlight the EXP differences.

1 Like

Some others were mentioned, but I really like the Robert Craig fight
https:// www.wow-petguide. com/index. php?Strategy=2655

NOTE: remove the spaces (I can’t post links yet).

See my comment on that site for a slight modification to the first part of the rotation to add some “stabilization” to the strat. This is pretty fast. Not Bronze whelp + widget on Squirt fast, but gets pretty close compared to other options.

1 Like