Newb Looking for Guild

When I say newb, I don’t mean someone that’s never played. I’ve been playing WoW on and off since the private beta in 2004 BUT, I’ve never raided, I’ve probably done 8 different dungeon instances and have only ever levelled a toon to max level once from just solo questing (hence my warlock toon)

Fast forward to today and I’m looking at the guild list subject lines on these forums and all I see is some sort of computer encryption that I have no idea how to decipher.

So, I, (and family of 4, wife and older teens) casually play with mid level toons on Dalaran. We’ve never raided but the interest and desire to learn is there. Looking for friendly guild that accepts newb questions, groups up for fun, does old lower level raids for the fun of it and is more interested in exploring the game rather than racing to the end and perhaps creating some friendships on the way. Mentoring on gear, dungeon crawling, raiding is a must. We play for a couple hours a night, a few nights a week and often go hard on weekends (Friday/Sat/Sun) for long hauls of adventuring (remember that?).

If you know of or have an active guild with similar interests, please tell me about it!

Hi Dauntless is a casual freindly and fun guild that accepts players of all kinds. We do run the current raid every week but also play on alts and quest together and even the island expos. We are helpful to guild members and always willing to give advice on classes and specs. We are horde based idk if that is an issue for you or not. If you want to speak in game please add me. twisted#1245 is my btag.

Armageddon Industries
Area-52
Adult (ages 21+, 30+ preferred) Heroic AotC & M+ guild.
**T/Th 11pm-2am EST. **

Highest needed classes at this time are: Mage, Hunter, Paladin, Death Knight.

We do meta achieves when they are current, xmog/mount/achievement farming, and have a high desire to push more M+ this season.
We also have a Destiny 2 clan that is pretty active and have plans for WoW classic.

For more info see our current recruitment post.

Guild Master / Raid Lead
Novabomb
bnet = Armageddon#1974
discord = Skybolt#2791

Recruitment Officer
Mirielle
Battletag ID - Mirielle#1541
Discord ID - Miriel#2724
,j,

Descendants of Lore is recruiting, we mostly have adults in our guild with families and jobs, but we do have 1 teenage son of a member (he might enjoy having some other teens to play with). We try and keep things PG13 when he is online, but the occasional profanity in the heat of battle and snicker of “that’s what she said” sometimes come out. If you are willing to learn we are willing to teach. We are pretty successful in our raiding, but we prefer to play to have fun and not to keep tally. If you wish to talk more feel free to add me to battlenet. Here is our guild spam:

[A] Descendants of Lore is a semi-casual Alliance raiding guild on Khadgar/Alleria that has been around since Vanilla (13 + Years). We are a small to medium sized, close-knit guild of friendly, mature players, with the majority being over the age of 40 with children and jobs.

We offer a laid back environment with dedicated players willing to put in the work to succeed. We make a push for Heroic each expansion,.

We raid Sundays from 4pm-8pm CST. (2-6 pm Pacific) and every other Saturday with Mythic Plus, Timewalking, etc. throughout the week. We raid with an average of 15 raiders consistently each week. We are currently 7/9 H in Battle and 7/8 N in Eternal Palace.

We are looking for mature, friendly, active, and dedicated players to join us for BFA and beyond.

If you wish to raid, we expect you to come prepared (food, flasks, enchants, gems, know your class and rotation) and on time, come with a good attitude and know how to wipe with dignity and work towards progress.

We will accept anyone who would be a good fit for our guild, and can currently accommodate almost any class, but are especially looking for talented DPS classes and 1 experienced raid tank. We would also love to see a shadow priest in our raids.

You do not need to be a raider to join, we also accept casual players looking for a long term family to play with. We will help with gearing if you show you are working hard on your own as well.

Please consider us if you are looking for a fun, mature, and friendly environment with an established, long term guild.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or wish to consider Descendants of Lore as your new home. Daveta#1154.

Do we have to switch servers? Does that cost money?

Thanks

Hey Vinjall! No Place Like Gnome seems like it would be an awesome fit for you!! We are already on Dalaran server, so you wouldn’t have to server transfer or anything! We are very welcoming of new players and always willing to answer any and all questions. We have players whose experience ranges from vanilla to just started within the past month. Here is a link to our recruitment post. My contact information is in there. Please message me if you want more info!

If you are switching servers with your current toons then yes it does cost money. We would also welcome re-roll characters on our server if you are not overly attached to the ones you are playing now.

If you are specifically looking for a guild on the Dalaran servers you may have some luck posting on the Dalaran server page.

If you wish to talk more, please feel free to add me to battlenet. Daveta#1154.

Hello Vinjall!

I’m Ken, and part of the guild Resolute on Dalaran. I think we might be almost exactly what you’re looking for. We’re a new guild with a tight-knit group of friends, and we enjoy mythic + and raiding (7/8 bosses in Eternal Palace Normal, and 1/8 Heroic), and we’re absolutely willing to help people learn and grow along the way. Besides raiding, I’m also really interesting in leveling characters, I’m big on that and we have various events in our guild calendar for lower level stuff, be it transmog runs or old raids, lots of different things. The most important thing for us is a sense of having a cool bunch of people, a family of sorts where we can all hang out together and just have a good time. If this sounds like something you want, then feel free to send me a btag request at Kenny#1122, and we can talk further. Besides that, we also have a discord that you can find at discord.gg/m2pzZHp. Be sure to send a message so we can get you permissions there and set you up.

Now, the only parts I’m not sure fight exactly with your schedule is our raiding. We raid Wednesday/Thursday, 9-11 PM Eastern. Hopefully that works with you guys, but if not - No problem, we’re not strictly raiders, always looking for more friends.

Either way, if you’d like - send me a message and you might be one step toward a great new guild. :slight_smile:

• Ken