New Warlock Pets

Can we please get new pets? We’ve had the same handful of pets for 15 years. Blizzard please … /beg

14 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree.

1 Like

An Inquisitor demon would be cool.

Buuuuuut I’m still quite happy we finally got an Incubus after they promised way back in MoP.

3 Likes

Warlocks should be able to enslave any demon they can overpower.

8 Likes

They better not lay a finger on my Voidwalker. He’s been my faithful companion in Azeroth for like eight years now.

1 Like

Different subject but while we’re warlock wishlisting, Dark Apotheosis. They should bring that back in some form. I can accept that the warlock metamorphosis is never coming back, but they could at least give us its little brother.

Or hell, bring back their metamorphosis as well and just call it something different. They did it with Mortal Coil.

1 Like

In a sense yes. Since the old arguments were our demons were minor/ lesser and held little intelligence.

Which I thought was rather odd given our old quest lines, being the only true mindless demon was the infernal. All other demon quests from days of yore had equal to humanoid intelligence even glyph versions.

Hell, Wrathguards are Man’ari. Who are just super corrupted Eredar (Draenei) and Demonology Locks can control them. Control beings who willingly gave themselves up to the power of the legion and just decided to become Demonic Space Mercs for S&Gs?

Not like anyone is really asking for too much of the Warlock Minions.

Jailer Demons to replace Void Walker/Lords and Inquisitor Demons to replace Fel Puppies / Watcher as glyphs.

Though I prefer simplistic quest lines like before (and in current “classic”) to introduce Jailer, Inquisitor and Wyrmtongue (melee imp replacement) also possible Other Mo’Arg members that are not Felguard / Lord

• Gan’arg
  • Mo’arg Brute

I feel it could be used to replace Unending Resolve (horrific visuals still) for a nerfed version of the defensive but a more unique power twist on certain spells to have other much missed effects and is a talent across all specs…

Dark Apotheosis
Instant Cast | 30min Duration | Costs 3 Shards

• Carrion Swarm (Affliction Only; replaces Corruption; Cone Attack)

• Shadowbolt Volley (Demo Only; turns SBolt into a cone attack)

• Chaos Wave (Destro Only: Damage + Cone knockback; replaces conflag)

• Harvest Life (Affliction Only Passive: Turns Drain Life & Drain Soul into an AoE Drain)

• Touch Of Chaos (Demo Only Passive: HoG will hit each Foe afflicted with Corruption casting Doom on them and using an available shard; up to 5 targets)

• Wild FelFire (Destro Only: Immolation spreads to all other targets with in an 8yard radius with each tick, damage greatly reduced past 5 targets)

• Nether Gust (All Specs; Flap Shadowy wings to interrupt current target)

• Nether Plating (All Specs; Reduces all Damage by 8% and has a 5% chance to ignore and grant immunity to Knockbacks, Silence and Interrupting effects

2 Likes

Holy crap, that sounds rad! I want that! Especially the idea of bringing back Harvest Life in some form!

1 Like

The mop demo obsession needs to stop.

As for new demons, they need to be careful about how they’re introduced, as it can be hard to balance more permanent pets.

Sadly, since it was a thing, it will be an obsession until the game officially dies. While I can understand the annoyance of it being brought up, the best way for it to start to die off before the game does is to not give it any attention.

Jailer (Demon) could easily be a similar CD equal to Infernal / Doomguard with its lovely attack that draws in and damages targets when it slams down its nifty cage, and those stuck in the cage take a bit of extra damage over a certain duration 15-to-30sec duration and back to the Twisting Nether. A simple quest line to pick it up.

Inquisitor is really just a glorified and neat version of Felhunter/Watcher/Observer so, pretty much a glyph can cover this area despite my desire for a mini quest line. Although… a quest line could work for the having Inquisitor only appearance that can be changed at a trainer afterwards.

Wyrmtongues are about as common and as powerful and sassy as Imp/Felimps - Just melee versions, have similar abilities, though instead of casting a fireball, they just, you know, punch - or, actually just hit things with their little rusted tools. Simple quest line for introduction.

The Mo’arg members could easily be just glyphs to combat the “updated” outdated Felguard / Wrathguard Visuals.

1 Like

I 10000% back this decision!

Also I love my Wrathguard he’s my partner in crime, but in all honesty, I’d love to see him dual wield again, but I’m 100% backing more variety when it comes to demons!, variety is great, just great glyphs let warlocks pick and choose their preference…

But I also back Baals thread in some sort of taming system via grimoires but if that’s to complicated I’ll settle for glyphs with more variety of choices.