New warlock, advice please

As the title says, I’m relatively new to the warlock class. I’ve been enjoying destruction spec and am working on building my set toward that.

What’s the general consensus on how warlock is looking in shadowlands? I’m looking to make an investment for the coming expansion. I’m just curious of how people feel about it?

Just read through the threads. A lot of warlocks would like to see some improvements for Shadowlands but the devs are being rather quiet on them at the moment. The warlock is definitely playable and destruction can hit like a truck once it’s geared out.

You won’t be able to face roll everything like a demon hunter but warlocks do well enough. Hopefully in Shadowlands we will do better. Play it because you like it not because you want to top of the charts. We have some of the coolest looking gear as well.

2 Likes

It’s a trial of patience and frustration. The damage of destro is fine but the play style and class itself is borked as a result of lazy design and reakinning prebuilt abilities from other classes.

If you’ve never played it before the class might not be as frustrating but for those of us who have seen what it once was, it’s depressing

1 Like

The past couple days I’ve gathered that the general consensus is that the warlock is a shadow of its former self. I’ve been enjoying it. I hope it improves, both for my own enjoyment but also for those Who have stuck with the class hoping it will someday be given it’s day again. I hope it happens

Who cares what it ‘used to be’ as long as you’re enjoying it now. I had great fun with it all through bfa.