Unarmored Mounts Megathread 2.0

Give me the straight answer no more company line.

1. Do you think the mounts are bad for the game good for the game or indifferent.

2. Would you have a problem with them being in the game regardless of what your answer to my first question is

3. Do you think the actual reason they gave for not having the mounts was as garbage as the one they gave us for av?

We both know it wasnt because they care about people leveling too fast or feeling forced too.

4 Likes

You have my answer.

You do not have to like it, but that is all the answer I will give you. You can keep pestering all you want, but my answer will not change.

I notice that you chose to ignore my request that you show us one thing that changed during vanilla that is not being implemented in its 1.12 version, though.

1 Like

Thats fine. I know why you wont answer. You and i both know why you’re here. To answer those questions truthfully would destroy that. Which is why I asked them to be honest. At least we are getting classic finally, thats better than nothing. I just hope we can both enjoy classic enough with the gimped av.

4 Likes

I will tell you one thing that comes to mind. They are not using the 1.12 loot system in raids.

1 Like

Did that loot system change during vanilla?

Since I did ask for one example of something that changed during vanilla that was not being implemented in its 1.12 version, after all.

1 Like

Ok, here’s another easy one: non existent battlegrounds. They were introduced in 1.5.

To add on that:

Which made me think that they can easily remove the unarmored mounts somewhere like Phase 5 or 6 and that way there is 0 excuse about rushing and they still keep it somewhat limited and not permanent edition.

Blizzard if you are reading, please, make it happen.

3 Likes

BG’s would be one of those things Blizzard is time gating.

Which version of those BG’s will be used when they are implemented? Will it be the version used in 1.12?

Since I did ask for one example if something that changed during vanilla that was not being implemented in its 1.12 version, after all.

Just as epic mounts sold by vendors will be in their 1.12 version when they are implemented on day 1.

1 Like

Armored mounts are time gated too. And did you even read the bold text? They are time gating vendor items as well.

1 Like

And when those time gated vendor items are implemented, Blizzard will be implementing the 1.12 version. Just as the epic mounts sold by vendors will be implemented in their 1.12 version when they are implemented on day 1.

1 Like

Armored mounts were not available from day 1 and neither were those vendor PvP items, hence why they are time gating it. You can’t cherry pick what you want, dude.

If you say there shouldn’t be any epic mounts at all until phase 2, then yeah. But that would be way bigger change than simply adding unarmored ones. :blush:

2 Likes

Where did I say that armored mounts were available from day 1 in vanilla?

I said that the epic mounts sold by vendors will be the 1.12 version when they are implemented in Classic, which is consistent with the 1.12 version of those time gated vendor items. It just so happens that those vendor sold epic mounts will be implemented on day 1 of Classic in their 1.12 version.

1 Like

You are not actually reading my comments, are you? You are just replying whatever you want.

Trying to explain something to you is like showing Earth from space to a flat earth believer and he will still find excuse to call it flat.

1 Like

Why should how blizzard is doing 1.12 effect people wanting the mounts? Tell us that. Also they have said their reasoning and its not that. Even if that is the reason which is likely ill give you that. They should come out and say it and stop BSing us. Of all the minor things that would take minimal effort to change this is one. Its a skin swap on a mount. They are experts at that. So theres no harm in calling them out on the bs and asking for the mounts.

3 Likes

I thought some of the mounts would still be available in Phase 1? Such as white stallion bridle, etc?

That would be the much better option. Then no one has to feel rushed. I just would not want this to turn into a slippery slope.

1 Like

Im with you on that. Like im not opposed to certain changes to be honest but the slippery slope was my reason for saying you know what lets stick to stuff from within vanillas scope, for now at least. But I think this is one area that their lack of wanting to do more than the bare minimum works in our favor, in a sense. A simple copy paste reskinned mount is so insignificant as to in my opinion not be abig deal as far as work and not trigger them into doing more than that.

Blizzard has always had a bad habit of telling us how they want us to play. I specifically remember Ghostcrawler saying there would never be a hide shoulders option because their artists put a lot of work into those models.

It was an absurd reason and what do you know, after he left we got a hide shoulders option.

Leaving unarmored mounts in permanently cannot realistically hurt anything.

7 Likes

I would like for them to be added, but it will suck and be okay either way.
If they are added I get to have awesome unarmored mount.
If are not added, I dont get my ivory raptor, “but” that also means i dont have to stress over getting the rep and gold.

3 Likes

How many of those that want those unarmored mounts have claimed that the slippery slope does not exist because one change is not a reason to ask for other changes, but in the next breath say that Blizzard is already making changes, so another change to add the unarmored mounts would be OK?

1 Like

Exactly. As soon as blizzard caves on one change there will be new threads saying, “Well blizzard changed on Unarmored mounts so how about x,y,z”

2 Likes