New to WOW RP! Really want to get involved in the community

Hey everyone!
So hooray, this is my first WOW Forum post :sweat_smile: and I’m here just because I’m very new to the WOW RP community. I recently started playing WOW a month ago because my partner really wanted an MMO for us to play together. We decided on an RP server, because I really love RP!

However, we didn’t realize that WRA is largely Horde RP based and we both play Alliance characters (not to say that we won’t play Horde in the future!)
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone in the community who plays Alliance has a casual guild looking for members? I’d love to become more involved with the community, and I’ve tried a few walk-up RP’s in Stormwind! I’m just a little on the shyer side, so walk-up can be a little difficult! But trying to put myself out there!

I guess there it is! My weird intro to the community post and just being an awk penguin! But thanks everyone and I hope you’re all having a good time playing WOW!

10 Likes

Hello and welcome to Wyrmrest Accord and World of Warcraft, Annahlinne! It’s always good to see fresh, new faces in our community!

If you’re looking for a fun, casual guild I definitely recommend hitting up some of the server events going on to find some that may fit what you’re looking for. There’s a lot of great Alliance guilds out there, as well as faction neutral guilds that have both Alliance and Horde guilds who get together for events.

A lot of people use tumblr and especially discord to help promote guilds and events so that may also be a great place to start. If you do have discord, please feel free to friend me and hit me up on there and I can point you in the direction of some of community discord servers and great events! Marvolo#8114

1 Like

We are doing a RP PVP community/campaign with a number of both horde and alliance guilds in it if interested! May be a great way to find an amazing guild! SpareLyric#1417 is my bnet if you want more info! Welcome to WRA and hope you find an amazing crew!!

1 Like

I’d like to mention as an aside that WrA still has Alliance RP, it’s just a bit different from Horde side in regards to walk-ups. The peak time starts at roughly 6pm server/9pm EST and continues from there. Usually the later the ‘better’. It’s also very reliant on you approaching others rather than waiting for them to approach you.

I’ve also scouted Horde-side somewhat recently and I have to say it seems like even where it may seem like there are a lot of people, a lot of them are usually OOC or trolls.

I can’t really speak to guilds. I’ll echo that visiting events may be a good way of finding them and seeing which ones you find interesting. There are some forum threads here or there with guilds that are recruiting, so that may also be a good place to start.

And finally, welcome to WoW and welcome to WrA! Snacks are over there and the weird forum troll is in the corner but just ignore him and it’ll be alright.

2 Likes

Ah thanks so much everyone for the great advice and reaching out!
I had a ton of fun at the Succulent Tart event, and I wish I could have stayed for longer but I had to go make dinner! I’ll be sure to reach out to the both of you on Bnet and Discord! And thanks Mäxi for your input too! I’m PST Timezone, so I’ll be sure to account for the extra hours ahead in the server. I’ll also keep an eye on the forum for events!

Slowly working on overcoming that RP anxiety so I can just go up and talk to people!

4 Likes

It was great seeing you out at the event! Add me on Discord and I’ll point you in the direction of more :smile:

1 Like

Welcome!

There is a year-long RP campaign going on called The Year of the Scourge. Many individuals are part of it, and you’re more than welcome to attend an event! There’s a forum master posr you can follow to keep updated on it.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for some events to dip your toes into, check out the forums for advertisements. [H] denotes Horde events/content, [A] is for Alliance and [N] is for neutral. There’s also lots of social media outlets where people post flyers and notices for upcoming events.

Here’s one I like to follow…

https://wowrpevents.tumblr.com/

And feel free to add me on o Discord. Joblin#2391

1 Like

Hey everyone, thank you all so much for reaching out to me :sob: I really appreciate it!
I’m happy to say that I finally found a guild! And I’ll definitely try to stop by the different events!

Just thanks so much everyone :slight_smile:
I’m really excited and I’m having so much fun. I’m also just really happy because the guild I’m in is Neutral, so ALL THE FUN CROSS FACTION RP!

2 Likes