New to pvp and leveling through it, confused about "twinks"

I’ve been having alot of fun leveling up through pvp after not having played the game in quite long. I’m confused about these “twinks”, i get into a BG and someone on my team says “oh no they have that twink”. And he proceeds to do 100k damage in the first minute and end the game in 3 minutes. Why are they so strong? Is it a very high level player somehow getting into a low level game? really confused and it seems to ruin games.

They’re obtaining all the Best gear that’s obtainable at that level and THEN doing BGs.

Twinks, such vile creatures. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

if its in 20-29 those are freetoplay/vet accounts capped at 20. you shouldn’t see anymore until you hit 50.

2 Likes

They are usually bad players who want to dominate and have unfair advantages against others because they cannot compete against others in other brackets. They are usually bad players. The ones I’ve 1v1’d after calling them out on it have all lost apart from 1. They usually QQ and come up with excuses.

They are just bad players bro.

3 Likes

Or, just do what i do, have a twink specifically for getting achievements.

Haters gonna hate, but one shotting someone as a fully geared hunter so ican get my battlemaster title still gets me battlemaster

basically obtain the best gear for the level bracket, then do BGs. Its just another way of playing the game… people dont like them. I love them.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between a twink and geared max level player, other than their level?

2 Likes

Levelers are just passing though …

2 Likes

I’m just trying to gear my toon at max level, so I guess you could say I’m just passing through.

Sounds similar to boosted players in endgame. They purchase boosts to obtain higher ilvl gear, fall back down to their skill range, then slay opponents of their exact skill range solely on gear giving them the advantage. Twinking is evident in endgame (60), although at the cost of integrity and real life currency.

I have been seeing less and less end game PvP gearing is unfair due to boosting; I’m inclined to believe they have unsubscribed. I realize and admit I am biased on this matter as well. What I do understand, if you are having fun please 100% ENJOY IT while you can; having fun in WoW is extremely awesome, eventually changes will happen down the road a few expansions that’ll leave you feeling unsatisfied. So when I say enjoy doing what you love doing in WoW, I mean it not to be an ahole, but genuinely have a blast because WoW being fun for you individually is an absolute blast of an experience.

So it is players who pause or stop at a certain level to get all the optimal gear, it is really unfair and I thought twinks were in their own bracket?

Difference is that twinks are going against people who are leveling thus passing by. A max level player can’t go anywhere and has the ability to eventually get the same or better gear.

1 Like

Let me explain it to you bud. You have your account.

You create a character or multiple. Get them to level 20 and cancel exp.
Get them the best possible gear they can get, enchant and gem it to the max.

Then you unsubscribe. Wait for subscription to run out. Then you can still play your level 20 maxxed out Best in Slot character without getting experience.

The result is you have an extremely powerful character and your going against people who are playing the game normally, perhaps playing a class you haven’t played before and want to test out his/her mettle in PVP or your a new player testing pvp. How is that person meant to compete or challenge that twink in anyway? They cant. It can sometimes take a group.

Survival hunters are the pinnacle of this, the 20s is filled with lame, bad survival hunters with Staff of the Brambleking that can one shot Raptor Strike other players. Its not fair on any other players. The players for the most part that play those twinks and surv hunters are generally bad players that just want to face stomp without actually having any skill.

3 Likes

gear your toons before you pvp or make complaint posts like this while you get gy farmed.

meh I play 35-39 and I just leave bg before end, log another 35-39 twink and do a BG, leave, deserter is off the first toon, rinse repeat. get a couple hundred games before they level out

when we had the debuff there would at least be twinks on the other team, now it’s just faceroll

1 Like

Not your bud and I know what a twink is.

you repeat yourself alot.

PvE can still be a big advantage (not as big a before, granted). Simply because there are plenty of PvE items that are relatively easy to get through drops and you only get so many conquest items per week. I haven’t done much of it simply because so many people in LFG are hyperfocused on versatility and they think a 4% vers buff is greater than a 10-15 ilvl diff.

So basically, if you aren’t super PvP focused, you can still gear up pretty easily. +10 mythic is much easier than getting to 1800 and you can still get vers gear.

I imagine there probably is a group of players that get boosted just for random content. Though it’s hard to tell skill level when people are 2 shotting newbs. In arena you occasionally see overgeared people, but you can usually wade through it. In rated BG’s it’s more random simply because it is so much easier to push rating in arena and/or get gear from other content. It’s a great way to farm conquest/honor, but a crappy way to gear past 1400.

i still dont understand why people think they can pvp without preparing first
i must be stupid