New to druid class

So I started to level a balance druid last night …not fully feeling it but got hopes they are good for mythics dungeons. Question is are they good, fun or is feral a better choice?

1 Like

I wouldn’t base your spec choice based off of which spec is more or less meta right now. For one thing, the meta will be completely different in a few months when DF releases.

Every spec can perform in every piece of content that gives rewards. Unless you’re dealing with the very pinnacle of content, your own personal skill as a player will have a greater impact on your performance than your spec choice.

Given all that, I would recommend using the spec whose play style you enjoy more and who you can perform better with. In the case of Feral vs. Balance, I’d say that largely comes down to whether you prefer melee or caster since that’s largely what that comes down to.

2 Likes

yes, warlock would be a great choice

1 Like

Balance is pretty middle of the pack if your aim is M+. It has its flaws but I love the spec.

The eclipse mechanic takes some getting used to but it can be pretty fun once you get your rotation going.

1 Like

I mostly heal keys but I’ll DPS as balance sometimes too.

Overall DPS numbers at the end are ok, but it feels bad to be dead last on big aoe pulls every single time because of how terrible our AOE kit is.

1 Like

I’ll be very curious about druids in DF. At a glance, it seems that dps and healing are baked right into the talent tree; meaning super hybrid! The tunnel-vision dps guys will grind their teeth but … mark of the wild for the win.

so I’ve been messing around in DF Beta since last week.

My conclusions in summary:
Druid is overall in a good spot, will definitely be my main in DF.

Guardian:
Overall it is better than SL. Game play is improved. I actually enjoy it more than my DK, but not as much as a may paladin for tanking in DF. I like that with the talent trees, I can avoid the focus on berserk, which i did. I only have 1 berserk talent and that’s because its at a node i have to take to get to ursoc.

I pretty much went far right and far left with my build. So what I call my mauling moon bear build. Not sure how it’ll hold up, its only lvl 64 and the way beta is right now, even with my 270 gear, I’m outgearing the normal leveling dungeons. But what I can say is I see to have tons of healing, absorbs, and lots of damage. better interplay between mangles and mauls. At 64 I’m hitting 15k Maul crits routinely and 15k moonfire crits. I’m getting 30% healing from my arcane damage, and I’m getting 75% absorbs from mauls and thrash.

Capstones are lack luster to me. I’m actually only using 1 of the three, and avoiding the rest. I’m using untamed savagery for now and thats it. Same on the druid tree, not taking any as of now. I’d like to see some improvement there, but I do like a lot of the goodies before capstone talents.

RESTO
Seems amazingly fun right now. Again, haven’t been pushed yet, but the resto tree is just so good. So many options, and they all seem good for the most part. Throughput is nice. I’m even playing around with Nourish now that its not really a trade off since I have everything in the lower teirs I want. Not sure if I’ll keep it, but trying it out.

Lots of interplay between talents, like life bloom giving bonus mastery stacks, then being able to go with dark titans to get a 2nd life bloom out. Being able to get convoke and swarm, and still get good feral damage abilities is just fun (well, I assume it will be since convoke and swarm aren’t working in beta right now).

Feral
Beta is still on the old original tree. But I’m excited to try the new tree when it comes out. Original tree is blah right now so no need to comment. However, Feral is the reason I’ll likely stay druid main. It is a survivor in the open world. and being able to skirt around groups you don’t need to kill is still so nice.

Balance
Honestly, haven’t tried it. I’m not a big caster DPS fan, but I’m hoping to give it a whirl soon.

Overall, I think druid is in a good spot for fun game play. We’ll see how the end numbers stack up.

1 Like