New Tier Set bonuses have been revealed

It’s still a very good tier set for Demonology, it’s just not as powerfull as you previous believed it to be.

Think of it this way: More reason for me to stay with SC and not run GFG! x]

Affs is bananas its super good cant wait for the nerfs

Mmm… depending on what the stats of the new imp is (health in particular) and just how reliably the imp procs, I don’t see SC outvaluing GFG. It’d be pretty cool if it does, mind you, ditching GFG would fix a lot of the cooldown timing issues we’ve got that necessitated Wilfreds in the first place, which in turn could increase the value of Inquisitors or Horned Nightmare, but…

GFG just adds so much. The Felguard itself hits really hard, gets further value from Tyrant, and has a big chunk of HP to add to Demonic Consumption. The only issue it has is the unfortunately mismatched cooldown which is where Wilfreds gets a lot of its value from. Malicious Imp is going to have to be quite good and reliable with Soul Conduit to match GFG.

The other issue I could see is shard capping. It’s not like we don’t have plenty of shard generation as is. But getting extra shards from imps, an extra core proc from dogs, and free shards from SC? Sounds like overkill to me and I fear you may find yourself overcapping.

That said I do hope we can get away from GFG. Like I said, it fixes a lot of the problems we have with timing, and could allow us to use other legendaries beyond Wilfreds. We’ll likely already be dropping Vilefiend with the 3rd doggo, if we can safely drop GFG too, that’ll really open up either spamming imp armies with Horned Nightmare or, more likely, dropping 3 empowered doggos with Inquisitors. Either way, we’d be able to safely Tyrant more or less on cooldown every time. Wouldn’t that be nice?

I briefly had a discussion with Malacath about SC vs GFG and I believe we established that it’s purely a player preference to choose between the two talents: They both are good in specific scenarios.

It is true that GFG is ahead of SC in terms of single target… and if you’re using GFG to feed DeCon, you’re also using Vilefiend to feed the Tyrant as well. If you’re using Grim Inquisitors, you’re using Vilefiend every other Tyrant. Wilfred just make this timer awkward. On top of that, GFG is a 2 minute cooldown, a 30 second difference or even greater with Vilefiend… and chances are, ain’t nobody got time for dat when you trying to parse when your cooldowns don’t align. If you want to feed the Tyrant, you might as well ask a Priest for a PI which is a hassle that I do not wish to deal with.

SC is just better in any other scenarios in my opinion (Even if it isn’t, the ultimate fact is that this talent is VERY flexible). I wish Death Knight runes kind of have this without any sort of conditions (I’m looking at ME). You get more imp dammies from SC. With Wilfred’s, you’re able to summon the Tyrant very liberally! Especially if you’re using FTS rather than Vilefiend. With Grim Inquisitors, you’re able to ramp faster than non-SC users from saving GCDs. You get more imps when the Tyrant is active and keep in mind that Implosion is just as important of an ability as Tyrant with DeCon. It just makes the spec smooth and increase Shard Value.

The fact that you’re going to have a lot of MC from 3 Doggoes, Borne of Blood, Imps if you’re lucky, Tyrant Soul and now Malicious Imp just simply means that you’ll use Hand of Gul’Dan more often. … and a lot more often. Dumping some MC procs to generate you some shards and possibly casting Shadow Bolt a lot less often which seems like a huge plus for me… and I’m not sure if overcapping MC is neccessarily an issue which is simply just means that less GCD will be used for SB.

SC allows me to do shenanigans such as using Hand of Gul’Dan twice for fishing its procs when I have a total of 5 shards, using Hand of Gul’Dan followed up with a DB with MC when I have a total of 4 shards, generating a shard when summoning Dreadstalkers via Demonic Calling, etc. etc. etc. It’s a very flexible talent!

SC increases value of shards and having something requiring shards such as Malicious Imp has synergy with this talent. If you’re using GFG and want to feed the Tyrant with it, just sacrifice a lamb to RNG gods for that imp to spawn to feed it further rather than using the said cooldown liberally that is reminiscent of a Frost DK in 8.3.

Heck, maybe Grim Inquisitors might outshine Wilfred’s with the acquisition of the 4-tier set. Who knows?

Oh goodie destro is getting vision of perfection back.

Yeah for sure the whole Vile Fiend and GFG cooldowns are just off, but with Wilfreds you can get it down to just holding Vilefiend just a little bit for Tyrant. Bothersome but it works.

You got some points there though and I will be honest, I sure do hope it works out that way.

1 Like

There is a flavor text of a keystone in Path of Exile: “Great tacticians learn that consistency often trumps potential.”

That’s SC vs GFG for me.

isnt that resolute technique

1 Like

Correct! :slight_smile:

Even though it’s a bit poop. :sweat_smile:

ehhh its fine for bleed builds it has its place

1 Like

Oh, Evasion is really freaking strong by the way!

… as well as armour.

… Actually, they buffed basic defense layers at the cost of dodge.

and I can tank Sirus’ “DIE” beam with merely 5.2k ES as CI…

im just tower MFing but i went iron reflexes so i have like…40kish armor or something

feels comfy

That’s a lot of armour.

Are you using Transcendence or Divine Shield?

oh crap i wrote 40k, i meant 4k lol

which is fine for T3s cuz i rely on inspired learning stacks anyways

1 Like

My fav PoE build that I’ve run so far was Lacerate Gladiator using an axe/shield combo. So fun but so incredibly tanky. When I ran ED/Contagion my mapping was S+ tier but my boss damage made me wanna eat bats in Wuhan