New Talent: Rising Light, Falling Night

Given the state of our tree since launch the new talent is an absolute joke. Did the Druid devs spend 5 minutes thinking of this and then pat themselves on the back?

DRUID

• New Talent: Rising Light, Falling Night – Increases your damage and healing by 3% during the day. Increases your Versatility by 2% during the night.

How about instead of this garbage you fix our class tree which has been pathetic since launch? How about we don’t have useless required talents like soothe and star fire that gatekeep useful talents?

7 Likes

It seems pretty obnoxious to have a “buff” determined by the time of day. People play whenever they can, a buff should not change at different times of day. Although, to be fair, since vers increases damage and healing, it’s not much of a difference.

5 Likes

So when the Bracken Warscourge begins to channel his Ragestorm, you just sit there and watch him wreak havoc on your team?

Cool.

1 Like

All instanced content is permanently set to “day”. So it’s only outdoors where it swaps. Thematic talents are allowed to exist.

That being said, Soothe being mandatory is very stupid and should not be a thing.

I’m just going to point out that actively inciting harassment of developers is … a take that means you desperately need to touch grass.

Not to mention against TOS.

1 Like

I don’t even know what that is, assuming some PvE boring stuff. But irregardless you can put soothe off to the side somewhere and it doesn’t need to be the parent node to the whole middle of the tree

1 Like

if this talent costs multiple points
you will be hearing from me

… and yet you have an opinion on it.

Soothe is just fine where it is, being that “boring pve” enrage effects make up a large portion of the game. The fact that you personally dont see its value doesnt invalidate its need or use.

Im willing to bet they spent more time on it that you did this post.
Theres an entire Affix in M+ that druids are sought after to deal with, and youre here complaining about how useless it is?

This is why devs dont read the fourms.

6 Likes

This has nothing to do with my perceived value of the talent. Putting a niche ability only useful in a very niche setting as a parent node to the entire middle capstone is idiotic and not something other classes have to deal with. Keep stroking blizzard you apologist.

For you.

You’re not the only one that plays this class.

2 Likes

I mean the guy is saying it’s dumb to have soothe be required to get other things, which is correct. It should just be the reverse of what it is, where Soothe should be a choice that isn’t necessary to free up points.

3 Likes

It might seem dumb if the content youre playing doesn’t require it.

A more likely story is it does require it and he’s just not using it, and therefore doesn’t know it’s value.

1 Like

Yeah, they have zero comprehension of “importance” in either scenario. Got to love the “I play druid and therefore all druids play exactly like me” mentality. Soothe is just fine.

The sheer number of Fury Warriors in Solo Shuffle queue alone…

2 Likes

So restricting some of the best talents behind a talent that has an extremely niche use isn’t dumb?

Last I checked I don’t use Soothe outside of Raging weeks and Brackenhide, yet am still required to play it because stamp roar, Lycarra’s Teachings, Renewal, And Heart are all locked behind Soothe.

I feel you don’t know what your talents actually are if you think that is good design.

1 Like

It’s not.

It’s used in every aspect of wow.

Raids, M+, pvp, and open world.

That’s a YOU problem.
Not a class problem.

Check again.
Fact check before you post.
Less embarrassing for you this way.

LMAO.
That’s cute!!!

Do fury warriors use defensive stance often or is it only for “niche” situations. Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Tical,

All the dude was saying is that utility talents should not gatekeep access to other talents. The new tress design was the attempt to get away from cookie cutter builds and allow people to pick the talents that they want. They have infact forced cookie cutter builds by making players go through chokepoints to get access to the other talents.

I don’t think that the guy’s thread was to bash soothe, it was just a poor example used to get his point across about crappy tree design. All 4 specs have the same complaint about a chokepoint talent somewhere in their desired path. Mine is 3 points allocated to Lycara’s Teachings.

1 Like

If you’re going to come……

You gotta come correct!

Mine is the entire balance path for typhoon.
And ironfur
And decurse locked to resto.

I have my gripes too.

But you gotta come correct.

People are in here tellin on themselves for not putting soothe on their bars.

That’s a Big yikes!!!

1 Like

i think the talent is excellent design. it has RP flavor to it, which is what this game needs more of. the talent is creative, and well thought out - clearly the FANTASY came before the meta. i just think if they want to do continue design like this, they need to make sure these niche options feel powerful, but not mandatory. :100:

i think forestwalking is the talent they need to revise…or just remove and replace.

also - faerie dragons should be using “mana flare” not just spitting random bolts of energy.
:nerd_face:

Soothe’s placement in the talent tree has no defense. It is the definition of an optional utility talent.

1 Like

if its a one pointer im happy

im also happy with imp sunfire being moved up, next best thing to being baked into sunfire baseline lol
now for them to move skullbash and not gate a mandatory talent with soothe…

1 Like