New spriest is a walking god

Sigh.

They nerfed the individual spell numbers.

And then they buffed the shadow priest spell aura by an equal amount.

It’s a total wash in terms of damage. Nothing was nerfed.

If anything, covenants affected by the aura received a net buff as a result of the changes.

Early days but it feels like Spriest teams will be a nightmare to fight for a lot of classes but particularly Mage.

Stealing Poly for 20 seconds completely ruins their set ups.
Shadow Word Death can break Polys.
Have Mass Dispel and offensive dispels.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll finally put rmp in their place

I support this

Imagine the qq when not only does the mage or rogue get sheeped by a priest, but they can’t use sheep for the 20 seconds it’s stolen

Going to be great

4 Likes

I am excited to play priest again. I hated voidform windows…glad those are gone.

2 Likes

I am too. I dropped my priest when BFA launched and I wandered from class to class trying to find one I liked.

Sort of settled on warlock but still wasn’t the right fit, so I went back to priest and just decided to endure voidform

The new shadow looks absolutely incredible for both pve and PvP. It’s been a long time since I was this pumped about my class getting changed

3 Likes

The changes to Spriest look amazing for PvP and they seem to be well-rounded…DoTs, on-demand burst, really good CC, off-heals, offensive dispels etc. They look like they’ll be devastating in the hands of good players.

Honestly one thing I find intimidating and putting me off going back to shadow (haven’t played it since WoD) is the sheer amount of keybinds and what would appear to be a class with many tools that is hard to master with a high skill cap.

There’s already a lot of keybinds when I muck around on the PTR…but there’s additional spells to learn from 51-60 and then also Mind Games + Door of Shadows. Add in arena targeting keybinds and it gets kind of crazy to me.

There’s DoTs to track and being a hybrid, you need to be quick with targeting both enemies and your teammates (Shadow Mend, Void Shift, PWS, Leap of Faith etc), whereas lots of other DPS classes never need to target a teammate which immediately makes it easier.

It’s too much for me to keep track of and react quickly when already needing to worry about general arena mechanics like positioning, enemy CDS, enemy casts etc.

I kind of agree, I had just the right amount of keybinds to play shadow in BFA. Adding on covenant abilities (2 In fact) plus all the other stuff makes it really crazy. I’m finding playing beta and having a 60 toon I don’t have enough keybinds for everything so that’s problematic.

I was only going to use it for the free mastery on the first soulbind. I don’t like shadowfiend. Kinda sucks it went from percentage mastery to a flat stat amount. Gonna be the worst stat boost on any soulbind as the expansion goes on as it will fall victim to diminishing returns on flat stat amounts.

Yeah, I agree that that sounds challenging.

What’s the solution here? Someone is going to figure out an efficient way to bind and keep track of all that stuff; how are they going to do it?

I personally love having a ton of tools to memorize and react with (especially of I am going to be disciplined and avoid my altoholic tendencies this xpac :stuck_out_tongue: )

If you use mouseover…

• Res / Mass Res / Purify / Purify Disease / Dispel Magic / Door of Shadows

#showtooltip
/castsequence [spec:3,@mouseover,exists,dead,help]Resurrection;[@mouseover,exists,dead,help]Mass Resurrection;[spec:3,@mouseover,help]Purify Disease;[@mouseover,help]Purify;[@mouseover,harm]Dispel Magic;[@cursor]Door of Shadows

• Mind Games / Mind Soothe / Levitate

#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,harm,combat]Mindgames;[@mouseover,harm,nocombat]Mind Soothe;[@mouseover,help][]Levitate

Note: Issue with this one is, you cant Mind Soothe during combat. I have used this in the past when being chased down in PvP like in AV or in world where I soothe NPC’s so I don’t pull them on accident while trying to make tight corners etc. Haven’t tested this one much in that situation so not sure how it will ultimately feel. But for the majority of players, this will work pretty good.

• Door of Shadows Macro
    • The bind I have for this is my “mousewheel down” button.
  • Mind Games Macro
    • The bind I have for this is my “mousewheel left” button that I had to remap to my bracket keybind “[” (left) and “]” (right).

That is a taste of the route I take for my keybinds.
I typically don’t show off / share these things as it often becomes divisive or becomes too much “noise” for others to understand etc.

But these seem simple enough and I think I tested them enough to confidently say it “feels” good to use.

3 Likes

Shadow is good in BFA, but only once you get to the upper ilvl and corruption numbers, and with the right azerite traits.

And that’s the whole issue, isn’t it? It shouldn’t be like that. The new shadow priest will be better. I’ll miss the voidform, but after playing beta a while I prefer the revised spec.

You mean a floating GOD :wink:

1 Like

I see what you did there, lol

I have to agree and that’s why a gaming mouse is pretty much required for this spec. I can’t imagine going back to a regular two button mouse and trying to juggle 10 abilities in a rotation, and that’s without the longer cooldowns.

Main bar

• 12345RTGZXCVF

Top left bar

• Shift (all keys from main bar)

Bottom right bar

• QE,shiftQEA & Space

Gaming mice are overrated

3 Likes

Trust me, if you get a gaming mouse, you will never want to go back.

4 Likes

Who uses gaming mice. Or keybinds…

HIghly debatable

Not really. As said, you really need to min/max to have any chance at it, but once you have all the right corruptions, traits, essences and a high ilvl, shadow is competitive. Good luck getting all those though.

That has nothing to do with gaming mice and available hotkeys. A gaming mouse just transfers hot keys to your right thumb from your left hand fingers.

Unless we are talking about different things.

3 Likes