New spriest is a walking god

I think looking at data alone doesn’t show the whole story because in BFA there’s so many RNG based elements revolving around procs. The average person has like 10-12 procs that can trigger between Azerite traits, trinkets, amulet, cloak, etc. There was also a strong emphasis on keeping Void Form up and on fights you’re moving around a lot its a pain to keep up.

Shadowlands looks like its watering down the entire RNG element of stuff to start with which is a good change.

1 Like

I’m just glad DP is finally back. Damn I hated Legion spriest and BFA made it even worse.

8 Likes

DP actually just got buffed too.

It now " rolls over "

Check out a shadow main recently explained the changes here.

3 Likes

Nice! And btw your mog is amazing!

1 Like

Thank You!

My best matching one yet! minus the fishing pole :slight_smile:

<3 <3 <3

Some more info today:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priest-class-changes/490697/686?u=caithyra-stormrage

Looks like they’re fixing the Devouring Plague roll over.

2 Likes

Yup that was what that video posted a couple posts ago was about. They discovered it rolled over but the devs are just now mentioning it so at least now we know it’s not a bug and actually an intended change.

Fae Guardians just seems like a lost cause if you have to invest a conduit to make it work without clunkiness.

1 Like

also some changes not noted: dissonant echos buffed significantly, meaning it has much more synergy with HV now

1 Like

I’m wondering what the replacement talent for Legacy of the Void will be like. They didn’t elaborate on it at all other than saying it’ll be single target oriented.

1 Like

Appears to currently be this…

Hungering Void

• Your second Void Bolt cast on the same target will deal 1% more damage, cause the target to receive 1% more damage from you for until cancelled, and extend the duration of your Void Form by 1 sec. If your Void Bolt critically hits, your Void Form is extended by 1 sec.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spell=345218/hungering-void

Edit:

Makes this age well lol.

3 Likes

Shadow Priests reclaiming their class from Voidform after being told again and again to “accept it”.

9 Likes

I have played spriest since wrath, fell in love with the spec, mained it and thought I’d never look back. That was destroyed when they introduced voidform and I stopped playing it. Picked up my spriest again recently after hearing the changes and I’m so happy and excited to main it again in SLs.

Would give anything for shadow orbs/raven priests back, that was a fun freaking time.

5 Likes

As cringey and dated as that movie was, man do I love Skeletor. Hits all the right notes for a villain.

5 Likes

IMHO Frank Langella carried the movie.

4 Likes

I’m excited to dust my priest off and try it again.

Also remember being 6 when I saw that movie, and thinking it was legit.

1 Like

He was absolutely amazing as Skeletor, hands down. Dude went all in HARD with that role. Absolute beast mode performance.

what do you mean we can also polymorph people?

Just want to say all of these tuning changes are confusing… Saw the spec aura change for shadow (and disc/holy) that went live on PTR already and they are separately tuning SW:P and a few other abilities? Or maybe it’s just a typo. Assuming most of these nerfs to the ability tooltips are offset by aura changes.

There’s a new spellsteal mechanic, where you temporarily steal a player’s ability to cast a certain spell for 20 sec or something…including things like fear and poly.

1 Like