New specs for mage

i think you could make new specs for mage. like mage melee called mage brawler and other spec called mage tank too it is prefect for this mage :smile:

2 Likes

You know, you’re on to something.

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/4ZWodEb

I want a melee spec that looks like the mages guarding the portal room in Orgrimmar.

A healer or tank spec for Mage would be interesting, similar to what they have done with the Elder Scrolls Online where it seems every class has a healer or tank spec (am I right on that? it’s been awhile since I’ve played that game).

But on the other hand, if each and every class were to have a healer or tank spec, what effect would that have on class “uniqueness?”

But maybe a combination of both factors, such as allowing more classes to be a hybrid spec, similar to a Druid, would be interesting.

I think arcane could shift into a melee class. fight with your staff like Sarumon in that scene in the hobbit when they save Galandriel. But still have arcane missiles for a ranged attack.

oh fun it decided to use a random toon to post on.

1 Like

I could see the fantasy of a mage enchanting their armor and gear to bolster their defense and attack power. Dropping the ranged casting method, for more upclose explosive magic force through a sword and shield.

Be careful what you wish for. Just visit the hunter forum to see the results.

7 Likes

Demon Hunters are one of the highest DPS classes in the game right now. I want some of that!

Look, maybe it is trite or predictable for a mage but screw it.

I want a full blown lightning spec.

2 Likes

Do NOT make Arcane a melee spec.

4 Likes

A healing spec where you use time magic.

4 Likes

No to all of this thread. No more melee especially at the expense of yet another ranged spec.

9 Likes

I’d rather see blizz just add a spec and not change an existing one. all it did was piss off hunters when they did it to survival. I do love the idea of a healer or mage tank though

3 Likes

No thanks!

One of the best things about playing a mage is that nobody ever asks you to swap to your healing spec.

3 Likes

This. They ask for it but it a totally replaces a spec

1 Like

I would be fine with a melee mage but ONLY if using staff was a option. No forced sword and shield BS plox.

1 Like

Melee is not the mage thing. Mages are the epitome of a fragile ranged caster.

Having a melee caster is fine, but it should not be a mage spec.

2 Likes

O no I’m fine and would prefer a fourth casting spec.

I was just saying if they do give us a fourth melee spec I want to still be able to use staffs for it.

They wouldn’t give us a 4th spec though. If anything they’d do the “hunter treatment” and convert one of our existing specs to a melee spec.

1 Like

Girl, I was replying to the topic of there being a fourth spec as brought up by other people.

If they give us a melee spec I want to be able to use my staff. Periodt.