New Short Story - The Vow Eternal

You bring the most high ranking alliance leaders to Suramar. How the heck is that not the biggest security breach you can think of? Especially Turalyon. He would look for every military advantage he can get.

That would have been awesome

2 Likes

Dagran!

Dagran!

DAGRAN DAGRAN DAGRAN SOMEONE REMEMBERED HE EXISTS

Dagran’s a nerd.

Surprising no one, I liked the dwarf stuff.

17 Likes

Sure, but that would be an issue for the Nelves, and not anyone else. This whole thing was framed as partly political in nature, and it’s just good politics to send the invite - especially if you think they’d rather just turn you down (as they did) rather than showup.

8 Likes

It’s almost sickeningly wholesome, but on the whole, I kinda like this.

I know that’s anathema, but it addresses a few of my concerns, we get a lot of moments to see how characters and their relationships have developed over the off-screen years, and all joking about how much certain races keep getting forgotten aside, it does have a decent spread of characters – mostly Golden’s favorites, but whatever.

And, again, Dagran. Dagran has a friend. Dagran isn’t stuck being a basic infant forever.

6 Likes

So all that tension they created between Alleria and Turalyon is gone, I wonder how they are going to hand wave that away since they made it seem like the light and the void were keeping them apart and touching caused them both physical pain.

I liked the quick Dagran shout, but it actually kinda shocked me that they explicitly outlined he would absolutely take up both the Dark Iron and Bronzebeard clans. I figured that’d at least be a story element in the future that required ironing out.

10 Likes

He just needs to marry a Wildhammer dwarf and boom, he gets to leads all the clans.

1 Like

I thought that was only when Alleria was going void-hulk.

…Which she is probably not for a fancy party, though it is a fancy party in SURAMAR, so maybe maximum magic is encouraged.

It wasn’t specified, but I’m just assuming Magni has a little black bowtie pinned around his diamond neck.

6 Likes

This is all likely filtered and exaggerated through Wrathion’s pessimism.

The start reminded me of that scene from the grinch where he’s deciding to go, decides against it and goes anyway.

1 Like

His Talons had informed him that Tyrande and Malfurion were still smarting after what they viewed as mistreatment at the hands of the Alliance during the war.

lmao, what an absolute hack. Still “smarting” over that little genocide, and she either miswrote the alliance for horde, or they are saying the night elves already forgot about the Teldrassil. What garbage.

10 Likes

I don’t know why, but after all these years of seeing you post on the forums I just headcannoned that you were a Draenei Paladin, not Shaman. Mandela effect stuff I guess.

Either way I feel like the Wildhammer would still have an issue with Dagran taking over both clans. Would essentially lose them any power in the equation, with both clans merging.

1 Like

I think they blame the rest of the alliance for not helping them on Darkshore.

2 Likes

yeah that seems like a huge downplay and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be just chalked up to dragons not caring about the plight of mortals, this could be Wrathion’s arrogance. But this could also be Golden’s hand waving because she doesn’t want to deal with the gravity of a story she wrote. Because remember, she’s the only one who refered to it as a genocide in Elegy and the writers have had to back her wording but they were not prepared for the consequences of using that word and the viceral reaction in describing the Burning of Teldrassil in that way caused.

2 Likes

I think it’s referring to when anduin refused to send reinforcements to help retake Darkshore. I can see why the kaldorei would view that as being mistreated by their supposed allies

9 Likes

Why would that even be relevant to them attending a horde wedding?

I THINK that’s what she’s referencing, though that does overlook the much bigger reason that the night elves might not feel like going to a Horde party.

…And then it’s filtered through Wrathion snideness, too.

11 Likes

When one of his uncles is a famous explorer who survived two / three trips to Titan facilities that were overtaken by Old Gods (Ahn’Qiraj, Ulduar, Uldir (debatable)), wouldn’t you want to be more like him?

Brann feels like the fun crazy uncle that young boys tend to look up to.

7 Likes

I am not a fan of this forced peace the writer’s seem to be pushing. After big events there should be obvious consequences.

At the very least the Night Elves/Worgen should obviously hate the Horde and the Blood Elves/Zandalari should atleast hate the Alliance.

Is understandable hatred too much to ask for?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just as I thought, they’ve been really trying to downplay it ever since it happened. Wrathion could also be extremely stupid and not know what happened during the war, so he doesn’t know or something, but this is horrific writing. Also this line kind of irked me:

Taelia glanced around. “I’m sure the night elves were invited.”

Are they inviting entire races to the friends party? Taelia seems kind of ditzy in this short story.

That still doesn’t answer the question of why that would be the reason they did not attend a HORDE wedding, the more appropriate answer would be because the horde destroyed their home and committed genocide against their people, not because they are mad the alliance did not help them enough.

13 Likes