New Short Story: A Moment in Verse

“War has come, war will come again, I am old enough to have watched my people rise and fall and rise once more, and I myself have withered like the winter tree before blossoming anew.”

A new World of Warcraft short story is now available to read: A Moment in Verse !

First Arcanist Thalyssra and Regent-Lord Lor’themar Theron set aside the troubles of their individual worlds to spend one beautiful evening in a contest of verse—and in each other’s hearts.

We’re excited to share this bright and charming new tale by Madeleine Roux (author of the upcoming Shadows Rising novel) with everyone, and we hope you enjoy a brief escape into the tranquility of Suramar.

Read it now

THE SHIP IS SAILING

5 Likes

happy 4 you Thalyssra you cured your mana addiction and now you slake another thirst

7 Likes

Oldie, but a goodie.

What is this, an imagine is for ants?!

14 Likes

Finally, lore I care about

10 Likes

Hooray for lore that is not either depressing or soaked in blood.

5 Likes

I am living for Lor’themar being a nervous schoolboy and wingman Rommath.

3 Likes

In Lor’themar’s defense, women are scary.

2 Likes

Well maybe if you men would learn the art of reading our mind we wouldn’t be as scary :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin:

2 Likes

Really though this is very much My Jam. I like relationships where both sides are equally into each other…a sadly rare thing at times in WoW where the main canon relationship dynamic seems to be ‘pining vs not noticing’…

3 Likes

I’m just happy that Lorthemar’s happy, My boi needs more spotlight.

7 Likes

I approve of this plot development.

2 Likes

that would likely just make it scarier since it removes the filter.

This relationship is so adorable that I was smiling almost the entire time I read this story. Also, I love this poetry aspect to elves we haven’t explored much of before. I need a book of elf poems.

5 Likes

This is how I imagine you during this.

3 Likes

This is wholesome. After 5.2, I started to really like Lor’themar. He was capable, flawed, and pretty easy to get behind. Mostly.

He deserves this. Not to discredit the fact that Thalyssra can relate to ruling a people striven by addiction and feeling responsible. Now for the real question…

Who has the better wine and poetry? Shal’dorei? Or Sin’dorei? Their relationship hangs on this simple concern.

3 Likes

Ren’dorei swooping in to crush both of them with their edge.

I’m happy for them both honestly. That was a good story.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for good romance, and the fact that they were exchanging poems made it even better.

But honestly I’m just glad to see major lore characters being happy for once.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a heterophobe but I just dont get what making them straight adds to their character. It just feels really forced.

9 Likes

I love that they’re going to have a relationship, but I love you guys more for pointing out the hypocrisy.

4 Likes