New shaman forms

While I rather like my shammies’ wolf forms it would be really nice to have some options. There used to be a glyph that gave them raptor forms if I recall correctly. They could add variants that way and maybe give inscribers something else to make a bit of gold.

Blizz seems to always do something for druids and hunters yet leave every other class untouched. There’s potential in other classes like shammy ghost forms as already stated, plenty of undead minion options for dks, heck they can go as far as changing spell colors and effects on all the classes. (Warlock green fire as an example) They haven’t made any new glyphs since legion.

100% yes, especially the Gryphon part!!, yes yes yes!

Since I already posted this, just going to quote:

3 Likes

Lol, no, go away furry.

Eh, I used numbers to show some form of representation of how important each type of spell is to Ele Shaman. That said, yeah, it was a little off track, and cast count would probably be more relevant than DPS amount, and Lava Burst probably wins in that regard over everything but maybe Chain Lightning in dungeon content.

I don’t really see that as a problem, but I wouldn’t be upset if the spec shifted gears toward Lightning instead, as long as it’s interesting. I’m always down for Overhauls, whether there’s a good reason or not. I generally just like change.

I don’t oppose an overhaul, I just didn’t agree with the mage/shaman overlap thing.

Eh, we’re saying the same thing in that I think a 4th spec that tanks could work for an Ele Shaman because Shamans use all of the elements anyway. But again, I was mostly talking about the perception some people have of Shamans specializing like Mages, despite them not doing that. I never want to see an “Earth Shaman”. But a Shaman Tank spec that uses some Earth Abilities would be fine.

With this, yeah, we agree. The phrasing of “one for each of the elements” is what put me off.

Yeah, okay. Same as above, I don’t see how it is now as a problem, but if they were to do an overhaul just for the sake of change and it turned out like this, I wouldn’t be opposed. I like trying new things.

I guess the difference of opinion is that you see 2 classes using Elemental Forms of magic as an overlap, and I don’t, since they’re coming from entirely different sources and being used in entirely different ways.

So that’s where we can agree to disagree.

But I do understand why you’d lean toward the Lightning overhaul if this is what you take issue with, since there’s no Lightning Mage.

1 Like

Sure, on the same level of all shamans that have been wolves since vanilla. Besides that the image shown is a ghost like fox which would fit for a race that is a fox, and is an already in-game model, as per the post being responded to.

Do you really have nothing better to do then sit in a shaman thread talking about alternate ghost wolf forms then call anyone suggesting something other than a wolf a furry? Sad really

1 Like

they should just add more flavors of wolves…who wouldn’t want a pink or red sparkle wolf?

But the raptor dance is the coolest dance in the game!

2 Likes

Hey man, I just wanted to say, I really appreciate the conversation today! Especially with the way the specs are laid out, Shamans have the potential and are on the right path currently. We both want them to maintain what they have going good for them, and I dig it.

That said, I’m also glad that we could see each other’s point of view, it’s given me a lot to think about with respect to my tabletop gaming concepts.

I’ve not seen, but did you have any suggestions or concepts for Shamans? Or, with respect to the OP’s thread, their travel forms?

I think one of the first posts listing a bunch of different racial forms would probably be most appropriate if we want to expand on the concept of Ghost Wolf.

I don’t necessarily agree with all of the ones listed there (Dark Iron transforming into Core Hounds seems a bit extra to me, for example), but that’s a route that could work.

I’m not sure I want it to be an open-ended “choose your form” thing though. That’s basically just Soulshape and while it wouldn’t be totally out of line I don’t think it’s quite right.

On the other hand, we do already have the raptor glyph. It’s hard to work around precedent, because I feel like that would just be the Troll racial form if we went the racial path, but people would riot if we took away an option to expand the flavor of the spell in that way.

So the current precedent is to just… add more glyphs. Like Soulshape. Idk. I just don’t like that idea.

Another option is to just make an actually unique model for Ghost Wolf that’s up to current standard and doesn’t just steal from some random wolf model.

They already have it where Druids can change their form shapes via the barbershop. It could be possible to make it where shamans can either stick with the existing ghost wolf, use either currently existing glyph alternate they’ve unlocked (the raptor), or a new ghost racial form.

That way shamans can use the existing model, any other models they have, or the racial without anything being lost.

2 Likes

Shaman always forgotten. A change in the appearance of Ghost Wolf would be great. One for each element would be perfect. Blizzard listen to us please!!!

Soulshapes should become spirit wolf options post-SL.

No real reason they can’t be.

1 Like

I was hoping they would keep these soulshapes as a permanent addition to our characters going forward. Lore wise it even makes sense too.

I’d like to see that happen as well.

I really like my raptor spirit :frowning: I’m a shaman wannabe or something