New Services Advertisement Policy

I don’t think your opinion is invalid, but I do think that maybe you’re restricting yourself (maybe unnecessarily). I have to make some assumptions because I don’t know you, but I assume the top-end content for you is heroic dungeons (maybe base mythic?) and then LFR (but maybe not), and then world quests, right?

You don’t have to have a guild or pay for carries to increase your main stat. My best advice would be to try and escape the rut you’re in. There’s tons of content beyond what you’re currently doing.

Try some +2 dungeons. At +2, you can jump in the group finder, get into a group and get you some upgradable gear. Once you get the hang of +2, move on to +3 or +4. See how that goes. Maybe try pugging into a normal difficulty raid. That content is a lot of fun. I haven’t even mentioned pvp, but that’s an option too.

If you’re worried about group content because other people are rude and mean, all I can say is that not all of them are that way. Don’t let a couple bad experiences ruin it for you. I believe in you, Asgaerot. You can break free. Happy hunting.

1 Like

Lotro has a world chat channel…everyone talks in it…we should have a world chat channel.
seriously, as long as I’ve played wow since 2007 everyone…EVERYONE has used Trade chat for everything…so now they do something? Ironic
Create a world chat channel

6 Likes

Can’t wait to still report them all :slight_smile:

Only should be done if Blizzard adds a server-wide social channel.

1 Like

Hm, interesting. Probably won’t remove the adverts from raid finder entirely, but every little bit counts. Thanks for the update.

Yep, until it’s 1 week from the release of new content and you need AOTC :slight_smile:

We can’t wait to be there to offer you affordable, quick services.

1 Like

steals bagel and wiggles toes

Well I hope to enjoy the future.

1 Like

This is a great change but I still ain’t turning on Trade. It wasn’t the boosters that were annoying me for 18 years.

2 Likes

I am loving this news. Thanks Blizzard!

I have long been advocating that Blizzard should either make a separate chat channel, or even a whole UI section, for Boosts/Carry Sales. Maybe call it “Sell Sword listings” for some flavor. Just to separate the people selling/buying runs from the actual players.

I do not pretend this will fix all the problems, but it is a big step in the right direction.

I love that they were specific.

Hard to keep up with the off color jokes with all the Carry Sales.

I would love this, as well.

Socializing in Trade, the only current global channel in cities, is allowed. You can talk about anything you want, as long as it does not violate other policies (spam, profanity, bashing others, hateful stuff/trolling/intentional disruption). If I want, I can have a whole conversation about cookies.

Blizzard has said this many many times. Trade Chat is the suggested use, but that is not mandatory or enforced that way. This post in CS is from 2019, when someone suggested making a separate channel for boosting/carries. Both comments hold true. Trade is a suggested use, not mandatory, AND Blizzard did make a policy change to put carry adverts in its own channel.

Imgur

Unless they make a global social channel, social is still not prohibited in Trade.

See above.

All Blizzard moderation depends on player reports so I don’t expect that to change. Squelch is automated if there are enough unique account reports in a short enough time. There is now also an automated warning telling a player if they getting reported a lot so they can stop whatever it is that is bothering people. An actual Silence and Suspensions are handed out by GMs.

5 Likes

I will be waiting in trade chat for the spam when servers are back up, bring it on!

My report finder is ready.

I’m all for this in retail. Can we get something like this included into the #somechanges Wrath Classic? I believe that this could mitigate spam there too.

2 Likes

I can make endless bagels. :slight_smile:

:bagel:

1 Like

Sure! Everything bagel with salmon cream cheese please.

wiggles toes

1 Like

Everything bagels rule, but I do have crab and seafood spread which is just…awesome.

:bagel:

I think that would be a Guinness world record for most toxic cesspool to exist.

I’m all for that but yet I still don’t understand the point of boosting in classic. At least retail has a lot of ramping difficulties, classic doesn’t have M+ dungeons, the leveling is the biggest part of the experience, heroic raid only existed in the last two raids. I’m baffled.

Will you be able to chat in this channel?

If you read the blue post one more time it only refers to boosting, carrying, ect. for GOLD.
It must be transactional…if anyone can spot the chat in trade that profits someone NOT related to their profession, i suppose that would qualify maybe /maybe not.

I’m definitely not an expert on boosting, carrying, etc. so I could be wrong about this:

• boosting can still be done in an offshoot way i believe.
  • GDKP is still a thing and wont be going away.
  • Raids are like flavor of the phase really, once the raid is on farm it becomes a source of gold for a guild to profit from. which its kinda like that in retail tbf.

some possibilities that i could think of that could become spam.