New servers created

Why is it that every single game companies solution to bad que times are to make another realm, offer free transfers to that realm and prevent new characters from being created on the over populated ones.

No one wants to do that, people already have been leveling on the big realms with friends and already have guilds and communities established. People don’t just want to pick up and go and try to organize things on a new server.

Maybe blizzard you know? Fix your dang servers you already have and increase the server capacity. Actually improve the servers and maybe stop using the code from like 2008 for them.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure 2008 servers ran better than whatever servers they chose for Classic servers this time around, at least in regards to server lag especially with a lot of people in the same area.

But I know what you mean, server cap should increase for sure given the main problem is pre-patch and expansion launches and afterwards everything is better.

1 Like

They know that probably like 70-90% of people will be gone within the month.

3 Likes

Every game company does it but Blizz is using servers from 2008? Does that mean all game companies use servers from 2008?

Amazon is wise beyond their years lol.

:grimacing:

I’m pretty sure Blizz was still handing out free game time in 2008 because of the amount of time the servers were down for :laughing:

1 Like

You cant just magically make more space when the max capacity is full. Lead dev already stated before servers are 5X the size during vs their original counterparts and they cant handle more. If anything just add Cross realm stuff get this junk over

They already went over this. The servers classic has today hold tons more than they did during the vanilla era. The problem is and always has been this desire to be on the mega server for your faction. It was a problem during vanilla as well.

You mean, like what happens to WoW now on even minor patches - did you already forget all the stuff about the recent AH changes? I sure didn’t get time back for that, and the people they wrongfully locked out of characters didn’t get game time back because of the bugs involved.

Nope, not unless the wow servers were down for a couple days and I didn’t notice lol.

Yeah I’m sure you know about server maintenance than the database administrators who work for Blizzard :roll_eyes: