New scenario destroying me

So i just recently hit 120. I logged in to start this 8.3 stuff. I get sent to Halls of Originaton and im getting destroyed by stuff in it. Ive made it most of the way through but i take so much dmg i csnt complete it… What do i do?

I’ve seen similar posts on General Discussion, and you are way to low at 310. Need to get some gear first. See If you can get some cheap gear on the AH and do Nazjatar before starting world quests to get higher gear rewards. I know 400 trinkets were really cheap in October. There is a quest in mechagon with a 405 trinket reward that’s quick to get.

Keep this in mind with gear world quests. They scale to your current item level. Exp. If your item level 270 and the world quests might show 280 gear rewards on the map.

If you bought a few pieces of gear on the auction house and your item level went up to 290. Those same world quests for gear on the map would now show 300 gear rewards. The WQ gear item level changed immediately when your item lvl changed. . These are not exact numbers but you get the point.

2 Likes

As much as you’ll want to jump right into the new content, it is designed for you to be a little bit geared. If the Halls of Origination section is giving you that much trouble already at your current 310 ilvl, chances are you’ll have even more trouble on some of the later sections.

I’d suggest heading to Nazjatar and picking up some pieces of benthic gear, as well as knocking out some world quests with gear rewards to boost you up a bit.

2 Likes

I consider myself to be above average geared and the mobs in those areas hit a truck, a really big fast moving truck.

This kind of difficulty escalation is normal for wow. Content released at the beginning of an xpac becomes relatively easier as time moves on because your characters get better and better gear. Content released later is designed for characters who have been progressing in the xpac and is significantly more difficult than everything released before it.

And the cloak stuff is the final round of content, the beginning of the end of BfA.

Your gear is equivalent to what we had at the very beginning of the xpac.
World Quests and heroic dungeons for now.
After your gear is over 350 go into regular Mythic dungeons. If you join a guild, you may find a lot of really well geared guys to help you blast through Mythic dungeons.
Once your gear hits around 375+ go into Nazjatar. Nazjatar has benthic gear which starts at 385 and can be upgraded to 420 using a pearls currency.
Once you are at 385+ on everything start doing Mythic Keys. Again, a guild could help you go through these.

Benthic gear from Nazjatar is 385 level, relatively easy to obtain, and will help a LOT. That said, you probably want to be at or around 410 to feel comfortable in the 8.3 content.