New RP Player Lookin for Home

I am looking for a RP server to play and deciding between MG, ED and WrA.

I will be playing on the horde side and would also love to see some world PVP.

Is WrA overally the best choice?

1 Like

What can you tell us about your character’s RP backstory?

1 Like

I haven’t really made my first RP character yet. I’m new to this. LOL.

1 Like

World PVP, not sure. MG Horde is a lot more barren in recent years. The stereotype is often WRA for Horde and MG for Alliance. I think there are still some WRA alliance hold outs. Most of what I have heard of emerald dream is besides the PVPers is a mass exodus of RPers to either WRA or MG.

Sunfury Battalion is an RPPVP guild on this server for elves that seems to have pretty positive reviews, maybe talk to one of them? I am sure there are a few others.

Quite a few of my friends complain about WPvP on the RP servers because of being crz’d with MG, and I can’t recall a time since BFA in WPVP that it hasn’t been me versus at least 7 alliance at once.

1 Like

Thank you for ur info. Really appreciate it.

Why did people migrate to ED? It does seem that ED has the largest population of the 3.

1 Like

Not entirely sure about the backstory, but ED if I recall is also the home of ‘zerg guilds’ on both sides. RUIN, etc

1 Like

What is a zerg guild?

1 Like

A guild that fights much akin to the overmind in Starcraft in WPVP - unleashing swarms and swarms of people onto a small amount of people to overwhelm them through sheer numbers

1 Like

LOL, that sounds interesting.

1 Like

WrA is a nice RP environment. Not quite a lot, but it is here (Not like Landrovol in LOTRO)

Our guild is not RP guild, but there are some RP’ers if you just want a place to chill while you find folks.

Hand of Algalon used to do quite a bit, I RP a lot when I was there.

I need to craft a couple backstories if you want to get together and help each other.

There is a server famous for adult RP, that place is crazy. I am 62 years old and do NOT do that type.

Contact me in game and we can work on those backstories. Download the RP helper mod , I think it is called RP2 or such. It makes RP much more interesting.

1 Like

People tend to use Total Roleplay (TRP) and Emote Splitter for RP addons, just as an aside. I like SexyMap as BiS add on ever.

1 Like

I use TRP, listener and elephant for RP.

My guild also uses dice master for roll events but the addon is kinda a mess and constantly being updated and conflicting with my nonRP addons so I only install it if I know I’m attending an event that needs it.

Otherwise TRP is great so other RPers know you’re an RPer since we do have nonRPers that play on any of the RP realms.

Elephant is helpful for managing your chat window and listener is a life saver because it pings you when someone says your name or if you are targeting someone and they speak/emote. You can also set up windows so you can focus on specific individuals if you’re in a busy area to help manage the noise.

Those are my go tos for RP.

1 Like

We’ve got a big Horde guild recruiting event going on next weekend. Feel free to swing on buy and check out all the folks who’ll be recruiting. You’ve already met some of them in this thead!

2 Likes