New rogue questions?

Hello my fellow rogue community, I just boosted my rogue in preparation for shadowlands. I have a few questions about the rogue.

1. Assassination vs Outlaw in mythic pluses. i am currently outlaw for mythic + but I am curious on how assassin does compared to outlaw.
  2. I was reading on icy-veins and they were saying killing spree is good for burst aoe and st. Will it significantly lower my dps if I went killing spree vs dancing steel?
  3. Should I be using blade fury on cd? or wait for a 5+ mobs
  4. Does my rotation change with blade fury up?
  5. Do I use adrenaline rush on cd on trash or wait for boss?

Thank you for your time guys

edit*** another question poped up

Websites are way wrong.
Goto youtube and watch some videos from actual people who play rather than some druid saying how rogues should be played because he played one 10 years ago. Thinks people can be bursted down in a single stun and other stupid stuff. Health pools are huge today, Heals match them. Rogues are THE lowest DPS class in the game. Even a good healer will out dps a rogue…especially a disco priest.

i appriciate all the info you gave me firemaga but i will start with your advice to listen to rogues on how to play not a mage. So I’ll wait for actual rogues to answer my actual questions.

5 Likes

He has no idea what he’s talking about. You were right in ignoring him.

6 Likes

You should listen to FireMaga. Knows his stuff. Unlike others that come here and critisize him with no added value. A very small person indeed does that sort of thing!

Yes I agree with Norse about FireMaga being correct!

I agree with both Norse and NorseOfCorse!

Indeed the rogue is a splattable thing in a single stun!

can someone just answer my questions?

I have a question in regards to Outlaw, is SnD viable to use in PVP? I feel like I’m wasting to many CP on roll the bones trying to get a decent buff

Wow now he’s getting on his other characters and talking to himself. Most shameful trolling I’ve seen in a long time lmao.

7 Likes
  1. both are viable. Outlaw will pull ahead in AoE situations and Assassination will pull ahead in Single Target. With trash being most of the dungeon though, AoE damage (Outlaw) is more popular. But they’re both still good.

2. killing spree is good for burst due to how it interacts with Blade Flurry. And it’s on a 2 minute cool down, so you have to know when that window to use it is. Can’t just blow it on cool down. So with that, I’d recommend running Dancing Steel + Vigor talents until you’re familiar enough/comfortable enough to try out killing spree :slight_smile:

3. grey area. More or less, you want to use it on cool down with 2-3+ mobs. It has 2 charges. Now you have to use your discretion here. I wouldn’t pop my second charge when there’s only 2-3 mobs left or they’re at <20% health. Rule of thumb: multiple mobs that’ll move through the duration of BF. If there’s still quite a few mobs up with varying health levels, feel free to pop the second charge. Just take into consideration the recharge timer and availability of Blade Flurry when heading into the next pack of mobs.

4. Nope :slight_smile:

5. that’s another discretion thing. 3 minute cool down. Also reduced by our restless blades passive ability, and further enhanced by one of our roll the bones buffs. A lot of times, especially on tyrannical weeks, you’ll use Adrenaline Rush right away, and it’ll be back up again in the same boss fight. I use it liberally. But you can usually use it, about up to 2 trash packs before the boss fight. So play around with it and use it, just keep an eye on the cool down timer and a mind on how long it’s going to take you to hit the boss fight :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take the Alacrity talent, and that way, even wasted RtB casts are giving you haste :slight_smile:

Do you suppose I hurt his feelers?

1 Like

Thank you Evast for answering my questions. Much appreciated.

I never ran into an issue with using SnD in PVP as a substitute since it’s more consistent compared to RtB rolls. Sometimes, i’ll run a more old school build style to go back to it’s combat roots dropping quick draw for weaponmaster and using killing spree. It’s also your preference if you like it then so be it if not it is what it is.

I don’t play outlaw, but I play assassination.

I do pretty great in both M+ and raids. I stack shrouded suffocation trait. The one that increases the damage of garrote.
I usually just stealth and apply garrote to three targets hit apply rupture mark for death another rupture and then spam fan. Mobs die, restealth and repeat on next pack

I wanted to make a point that just because you see a mage posting in the rogue forum that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a rogue of each type as well as many other characters.

I was trying to be cute.

But you can’t seem to take your own advice? Is it stressful being a full time hypocrite?

1 Like

You keep losing as your posts get more illogical. I really Trumped you didn’t I.

Can you attempt to put some logic to that. I mean you probably think an impeachment should be because no crime was committed.