New Race/Class combos for Shadowlands (Suggestions Thread)

request granted only if we can have cow rogues

4 Likes

They cannot be paladins because they are deformed druids and pagan shamen!

They do not worship LIGHT or any other source of sacred/holy power!
Didn’t people keep asking for druid humans and shamen?
So paladins would have to be sacrificed!

I would LOVE draenei warlocks, whether or not they get skin changes

2 Likes

Pandaren Paladins

2 Likes

But tauren can be druids, shamans, AND paladins

Honestly an interesting idea. Maybe add a quest of redemption for Bloodtotem Warlocks who regret siding with their chieftain back in Legion.

Orcs certainly understand that kind of regret better than anyone. (Demon blood brothers!)

Likely? Who knows. But it would be interesting.

6 Likes

I don’t see Blood Elf ever getting druid. Part of the reason they were exiled is because they shunned druidism for arcane magic, and they can already be every class but Druid. Blizzard’s trying to entice players to other races, not bolster the one that already represents nearly half of the game’s population.

2 Likes

Pandaren & Vulpera Druid
Draenei Rogue
Worgen & Goblin Monk
Void Elf & Nightborne DH
Lightforged Monk
Zandalari Warlock

4 Likes

Lightforged Monk

5 Likes

Yesss hm tauren need some love, and warlocks actually make sense and would make me play one for sure

4 Likes

Honestly, all races need the ability to become a monk. It’s basically how Warriors, Hunters, and DKs are. Why not monks too?

7 Likes

And taurens have reasons for that!

But kultirans do not believe in LIGHT! Not part of their culture!

Let’s keep this civil. It’s merely a suggestion that he is offering. Truthfully, there’s no saying that they couldn’t pick it up from their mainland brethren. They added mages after the glaring issue that Jaina was one. And she was the Only known KT mage canonically until then.

They could have simply said “not part of their culture. Jaina is the exception, not the rule”. But even they agreed that it was worth changing. Jaina taught them, just as anyone from SW could teach them the ways of the paladin.

Also, KTs believe in the Light, or some facet of it. They can be priests.

2 Likes

Tauren and draenei rogues because they are already in the game. There are both Grimtotem tauren npcs and rangari assassin garrison followers with rogue abilities. Just unlock the class for them.

Worgen/ Goblin/ lightforged monks: Considering everybody else who can be a monk, there is no legitimate reason why monks are still locked to anyone. They retconned the starting zones for both draenei and blood elves to fit pandaren so they can do the same for worgen and there was a pandaren npc that admitted to once going to Kezan and nothing about monks would require a lightforged to give up their religious faith because if brother korloff and those other scarlet monks can practice pandaren arts and still keep their faith then so can lightforged.

Highmountain warlocks: if lightforged get monks, then highmountain need an extra class to balance it out and they already have lore with warlocks to work with. They can have Mayla give the bloodtotem a chance to make up for the things they’ve done by helping to fight N’zoth and they have the Nightbourne to help them refine the craft.

9 Likes

Honestly I didn’t notice this before. Though would the Rangari be considered a hunter? I can’t remember if there was even a distinction. Good catch though!

To be fair though, if a Tauren/Draenei hunter can learn “Camoflauge”, Rouge isn’t totally left field.

2 Likes

As far as I could tell from quests, they were described mainly as scouts but are also considered the draenei’s main intelligence gatherers and some of their quests involved espionage so I don’t think it would be a stretch for Rangari to cover both hunters and rogues.

And honestly, I don’t see how anyone can be a competent hunter or rogue without the ability to conceal one’s presence. So if they can do one of those, then they should be able to do the other.

4 Likes

I would have probably made a fat pally, would have been epic.

Sea priest! They worship sea elements, as we see in their buildings!

The blizzard just came back with kultiran mages, because it was ridiculous that they were ruled by a mage, when none of them showed they could conjure a cake!

People also asked for zanadalar warlock! Nothing has been changed!

Races can’t be everything!
People kept asking for druid humans!
They received druid humans but something had to be lost!
Blizz chose paladin because a people who have shaman and druid need to have something less like selectable classes!

So goodbye paladin!
I wish worgen could be monk and paladin, but look!
It is precisely the classes that worgen cannot be!
And they cannot learn to be!

Well that’s their lore now! If you have to change that by saying that they can now be paladins because they learned from Stormwind, then gnomes should also learn to be paladins!

So first, we have to solve with lore!
Or we kill the poor thing to make exceptions for the kultirans!

And then we make exceptions for everyone!
And in that case, I’ll want a tail for my worgen, please!

1 Like

Yet they can be priests, therefore there is a source.

My list mostly comprises things already said, with two exceptions:

Goblin Monk
Worgen Monk
Lightforged Draenei Monk
Kul Tiran Paladin
Night Elf Paladin
Human Shaman
Highmountain Tauren Warlock
Highmountain Tauren Paladin
Draenei Rogue
Tauren Rogue

I think Humans (Stormwind Humans for those confused) should be able to be Shamans. I know a Shaman in real life, and he is most definitely human. If they exist in real life, they can easily exist in-game too.

I also feel the Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren need some serious love. They do not have enough available classes.

6 Likes

With the new starting area there is no reason there should be any restrictions anymore. Open up all race and class combos.

9 Likes