New PVP update on ERA coming aug 23

I’m hardly in a position to be correcting poor phrasing but I find that’s something lacking at times in Blizzard’s official communications.

Mine as well.
Sad.

Im having the same problem the OP is seeing as they have made somewhat contradictory statements and didnt really expound on either.

Im guessing you’re prior highest rank and lifetime HKs/DKs will be retained, as well as gear but if they can do that then they don’t need to take your current rank 12 all the way back down to zero either.

Just like the OP, it seems like if you’re mid rank 10 going on 11 into the reset you will come out at the beginning of R10 as that seems way more palatable than making everyone starting over from scratch - but that can be extrapolated from the first blue post about the reset.

It’s possible they will set you to 0% of your highest rank, but equally possible they will set you to r0. Expect the worse, the 2 months in advance notice is why I lean towards the latter.

3 Likes

Seeing as they cause a lot of confusion sometimes Id expect something along the lines of “for example, if youre rank 11 you will log in on Aug 23rd and have no rank at all but gear and the like will be retained”.

2 Likes

Direct communication creates responses.
Sometimes honesty causes people to feel bad things.
:cry:

1 Like

It is very odd how they said it would be reset in their original post on 5/22, but haven’t reiterated on that really at all.

1 Like

Thats what I got out of the later blue post, yeah. The original post linked in response to me can definitely be construed as a total reset. So yeah, it can go either way at this point but it would be nice to know for sure.

1 Like

I understood the original post as everyone would be set to r0. You wont lose any gear gained only ranking. Its terrible for those that hit r14 that they wont be able to keep the title and will have to re-rank again. =(

On a note; OH, ITS ON starting Aug23… =)

Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Whatever it ends up being you can bet your bottom dollar people are going to be on the forums complaining about it.

This.
They’ve pretty much acknowledged it.
While I have a bit of fun poking at them with my stick posts here, I realize the difficulty and don’t envy them.

Well the cms/mods not the devs.

1 Like

u wanna save up all ur marks and then turn them in after this patch, but pretty sure everyone gets reset to 0 they might change their minds and give people their highest rank achieved hopefully

Oh goody, i got a bunch of dk’s right before the end of classic not knowing about clones. I hope they will be gone.

They are, as stated in the post from May.

This was announced months ago. Ranks will be reset to 0.

It would be funny if they got rid of marks as well. lol

Yeah, they have done last time, when I saved up all my marks before TBC came out, they deleted them all…
Sucks we have to wait a whole month of not knowing exactly wtf is going to happen with our rank, so doing bgs just feels so pointless. I value my time…

I havent step in a bg in like a month. (not counting AV weekend). Once my rogue hits 60 I will probably jump in the next AV weekend for the rep rewards.

But, once Aug 23rd comes around. Its on… BGs all day long.

Hell yeah man, I hope it doesn’t take tooo tooooo long to get to r12 lol But atleast there will be no decay, sooo. /shrug

It means the entire system is getting reset and you’ll be starting from scratch.