New PTR Patch and not one change for hunters

I love the radio silence devs. It’s actually quite baffling you’re like actively avoiding saying anything about what’s going on??!??!!??!

21 Likes

For real, like what? It’s almost comical how little/no change there has been. I’m hoping(although not expecting) that maybe it’s because it’s just being started so they haven’t wanted to reveal the changes they are doing. But man, would be nice even if they said, ‘Nah we’re not touching hunters until next season if that.’ Just anything.

5 Likes

“We’re a different Blizzard that listens to its players for feedback!”

13 Likes

LOL not only that…but they buffed Ele shaman…this company is trash

11 Likes

I really don’t understand what’s happening here.

You have an entire DPS class with three garbage specs, where the damage is mediocre, the survivability is bad, the raid utility is non-existent and the group utility is also outdated and difficult (throwing traps as compared to just clicking an ability).

They can’t be happy with how hunters are performing.

I’m 100% certain the class dev just up and quit. They did the same thing to druid in 10.0. Ignored the forums and then rushed to try and fix it in 10.0.5, and somehow ended up making it worse.

11 Likes

I don’t think they actually have a class dev, this is the beginning of them phasing Hunter as a class out of WoW…I’m willing to bet by mid to late expac we see Hunter being phased out and current Hunters will be given the free “class change” option to delete Hunter once and for all.

3 Likes

I wish they would communicate this at least if the dev quit. Just say something, anything…radio silence is just not fun.

2 Likes

If we believe the DF beta talk about the Shaman dev being the same person as the Hunter dev, those Shaman changes (which seem pretty extensive) may very well have come at the expense of Hunter changes :skull:

9 Likes

Yea I think Hunter is sort of a dead class in Blizzards eyes.

1 Like

It’s annoying af.

Doesn’t even seem like it’d be that tough.

BM is pretty close to smooth but could use some talent tweaks (increase in beast cleave time, barbed shot) and some adjustments

MM I could see needing a bigger rework but paladins are getting that so good for them - and I mean that, I don’t want to hate on another spec needing it but come on show hunter some love besides “we removed double tap because we felt like it”…

I like SV but don’t play enough to comment.

Class overall could use some defensive improvements and lowering of cds in things like sotf and cheetah.

How hard is it to do minimal work to make it better?

3 Likes

How can one person do such great work turn around and do hunter?

Like what is the reason we can’t have latent poison and hydras bite?
Why does every spec apply SS passively anyway.
Why cant you cleave SS on many targets with Trick shots.

Why do all other classes have these cool interactions?
What the hell is arctic bola supposed to be? It is 100% passive, has no purpose and has zero interaction with anything?

3 Likes

Talent bloat to fill space.

8 Likes

I get that but why?

We could just have explosive shot spreading SS like blood and thunder in its place.
Anything really

2 Likes

I completely agree. And your ideas are better than the blank they offer instead.

3 Likes

Yes it’s also worth noting Arctic Bola was briefly a Survival talent in the BFA beta before it got replaced with Flanking Strike. So they probably just went through old Hunter abilities in their spell database and picked it out as filler.

1 Like

Wowhead has some PTR datamined info posted that has some BM and MM changes

Yes stampede changed from 30 yards to 40 yards…and the Bloodshed change isn’t a change. Dunno why it’s posted.

MM change as well

Rapid Fire Shoot a stream of 7 shots at your target over 2 sec, dealing a total of [7 * (45.6% of Attack power)%] Physical damage. Usable while moving.
Streamline
Rapid Fire causes your next Aimed Shot to cast 0% faster
Each shot generates 1 Focu

This is exactly what it does now

1 Like

Wait a second.

Isn’t streamline increasing RF damage currently which is missing in the datamine?