New portal room great, removal of most of the portals - terrible idea

I have been playing the game for a bit to try this new system out and it’s pretty funny because now I have no idea how to get anywhere other than to use my flying mount.
Blizzard has stated many times that they want the world to feel larger. Why? We know it’s large, we went from 0 to 120, level after level. It is very immersive. Thank you for that.
The thing is, we put up with the same BS reasoning for not having flying until nearly the end of each expansion since cata.
Why does Blizzard feel that I need to feel how large the world is when I am trying to explore old content?
Quite frankly, I really don’t care at this point about that stuff.
I don’t have a lot of time to play this game to be wasting it on stupid crap like that.
What matters most to me is that, I want to be able to play the game at max level, to be able to get where I am going easily and efficiently with as little hassle or annoyance. I have already been in awe of travelling the world on a ground mount while leveling. Why do you feel the need to force us to use ten extra steps and take more time to get to where we want to go?
The funny thing is we are going to use our flying mounts to achieve this and fly over everything anyway. Which, is exactly what you don’t want us to do because, apparently it makes the world small… honestly, the more I think about it, the more toxic it makes me towards this game, it’s new direction, gameplay, etc…
Give me a reason to renew my sub in 20 days please because all I see now are arbitrary decisions without any real understanding of what your players want.