New player question

I am confused about Chromie time. I am leveling my first character in the game now and in Newcomer chat they talk about Chrome time to level up.

I just got out of the beginning island to lvl 10. Can someone give me a quick 30k on Chromie time and if I should do it? Or is it required? Just a little confused.

You won’t be eligible to do Chromie Time until your first character hits level 50. After finishing the island, you will be sent to quest in BFA zones (Boralus will be the main port). Once you get to 50 and start a new character you will have a few options. When you first login you can choose between doing the island again or doing the starting zone for the race you have chosen. Once you reach level 10 you can either keep questing as you will with this one or speak to Chromie, who is sitting outside of the Stormwind Embassy and choose a different expansion to level in.

1 Like

essentially chromie time allows one to lvl an alt / alternate character from lvl 10 to 50 in any of the previous clusters of expansions in wow at any time they want in whatever order they want, whether that be questing 10-50 or lvling via relevant dungeon instances for a given expansion, or mix of both. you can interweave any expac timeline as well, ie 10-30 as burning crusade 30-35 as wrath and 35-50 as legion if you wanted.

as far as being able to get a sort of care package, when your character is within the realms of chromie time theyre only able to be seen by other characters within the same phasing unless youre in a capital city like stormwind where chromies phasing isnt active as everyone can see you regardless of level.

but if this is your first toon in the game then like the other poster said above, youre stuck in newcomer mode and tutorial modes until you hit 50 through BFA content generally questing but can also do bfa era dungeons to 50 if you choose to.

as far as chromie time being required for future alts you decide to make if any, no youre not required do old content if you dont want to, you can do your next toons as bfa timeline aka present in terms of chromie time speaking, when you decide to chromie time youll have two options, top option being one of the previous expansions, and the 2nd option being return to present timeline which is bfa aka battle for azeroth.

1 Like