New player, need help with gear

This is my first 120 toon (Besides a 120 Paladin that I didn’t play a minute passed 120, it was my free boosted toon when buying the game and I have no idea how to play it so I don’t count it). Feel free to look at my profile for stats and item level for reference. I’ve been playing WoW for about 3 months now and I’m absolutely loving it. I made a post in General Discussion two days ago asking for the best way to get gear that’s a higher item level than 370, because that’s where I’ve been stuck… And I was recommended to do World Quests, Emissaries, etc. as they give 385+ gear I was told, I’ve been doing that, and so far I got two item level 400 pieces of armor! Which is absolutely amazing, I’m so happy about that (Helmet and gloves).

But, most of my gear… Especially my weapons, need a lot of work… Emphasis on my weapons lol! They’ve been bugging the living hell out of me! And I’ve pretty much done all the world quests in each region for today, currently waiting on them to respawn, so it seems like a timely process to gear through that, which I don’t mind at all, I plan on continuing to do it (If my upcoming question doesn’t work)

I was told there’s a community on here dedicated to helping players with low level mythics, and that I should look into those… (Refer to my forum post made two days ago that I mentioned earlier, here to see the conversation).

I’m not sure what forum they’re under, or how I even go about requesting to join low level mythics? If you’re wondering why I’m wanting to take this route, the forum post linked explains why. In short, I’ve been getting denied countless times when I request to join groups in the Group Finder.

Thanks in advance for the help, I really appreciate your time. If anyone wants to take a step further and explain things to me in more detail, I do have Discord. I really want to get to a good place in WoW, I’m super dedicated and love the game. I badly want get up there with the other players, but knowing so little about the game has made it a bit rough - The progress I’ve made and things I’ve learned from the last forum post is awesome, and I want to learn as much as I can.

Again, thank you so much.

I’m a new player as well…so your heart of azeroth is 350, if you up your rep with champions doing world quests/emissaries you’ll be able to upgrade the ilvl higher each tier of reputation you go up at the champions emissary, that will help.
The few items you have below ilvl 370, your doing the right things to get gear, world quests etc, just have to be lucky to get the ones you need.
Raid finder + simulationcraft addon + raidbots droptimizer will help you find the bosses that drop the items you need and you can bonus roll on those kills, you get 2 bonus roll “tokens” per week from the npc next to the transmog guy in boralus, with a max you can have at 5 or 6, that will help.
Try making a group for mythic + 0 to get a key, and push the key or try joining the “chill” or “learning” or “gearing alts” groups in the premade groups section for mythic+ dungeons, as they’re usually more friendly to newer players. (I too get denied in a lot of groups, but thats par for the course, especially if they’re asking for a raiderio score of 900+ for a M+2 etc.)
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

World Quest at 120 until you can do Warfronts.
Warfronts until you can do whatever is next you want.

370 is about the average ilevel for “casual” players - a classification which more or less covers anyone who doesn’t do regular progression raiding, regular M+ keys at +10 or higher, and/or high-rated PvP.

Not doing these things is not a bad thing. I’m just going to put that out there. 370 is high enough that you can easily get through all available solo content, and (theoretically) sufficient to pug into Normal raid groups if you want to.

If you really want a better source of higher-level gear, however, your next step should probably be to start looking for a raid team doing Normal progression. There are a few ways to do this, but the most reliable that I’ve found has been to keep an eye on your server’s Trade chat to see if people are advertising teams that you think might suit you.

That said, since you’re on Sargeras, I’ll recommend the “Currently Online” guilds (they have a website: currentlyonline.gg) as a good place to start. They have a pretty big presence on the server, as well as a Discord community and a bunch of raid teams that you can apply to. One of the teams also does weekly Normal clear runs that anyone in the community can get in on.

If you’re interested in joining, just do a /who Currently and whisper anyone for an invite. There are seven or eight guilds on the Alliance side right now, so there’s always room in one of them.

3 Likes

If you do decide that you want better gear and folks of a similar mindset I would recommend looking up the M+ discord and the recruitment discord. Not at my gaming PC but I can send you the links later on if you wish.

Alliance has had bad luck with getting weapon chests up from the emissaries. Your best bet is running M+ and raids to try to get higher item level drops… its all RNG. My highest alliance toon is north of 395 and their weapons are 370… just bad luck.

Here are some of the communities threads I found - you would go to the main forum page > recruitment > communities… keep an eye on it, because new ones pop up and others that are buried get bumped up from time to time…

Here’s a link.

this one was near the top…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, Djarro!!

Anyone is welcome :slight_smile: We’re a friendly group with a whole lot going on!

Get yourself into a pug heroic raid on Battle for Dazaralor or start one in the lfr, there are plenty of people in-game that will be eager to help.