New Player, dazed and confused

Hello everyone!

So I should preface by saying I have no idea what I’m doing. Some people have been extremely nice and have explained some things to me. Some people have been extremely rude and could not be bothered with me. I mean I get it. Who wants to answer a bunch of questions from a noob girl right?

I’m just feeling a bit overwhelmed. I started playing WoW not that long ago, and when I purchased the game and didn’t know any better, I used the lvl 110 boost on my first character without knowing much about what I was doing. I understand basic mechanics. I can kill things. I’m progressing through the BfA quests and I’m learning lingo that seasoned players use. I’ve even made myself a little gold doing it. (Probably a drop in the bucket I’m sure)

I joined a guild (has like the minimum amount of people in it, but I like it and it’s my home. Not complaining one bit!), but I have no idea where to go from here and how to be like all the cool people that come on these forums and use all sorts of cool acronyms and know what they’re talking about.

Anyone wanna give a girl some guidance? :smiley:

Your best resources are probably your class forum and your guild chat.

If you have questions about how to play your character, the class forums are usually quite helpful. You know the basics, but you may want to ask for advice on things like how to heal/dps (“damage per second”, but really stands for "deal damage as a spec designed to do damage rather than tank or heal) in 5 man dungeons, etc.

Guild chat is good for general game related things - what’s a 5 man, what’s a raid, what quests do you need to get done to finish opening zones, how to use the auction house, etc.

Lore questions could go either in guild chat or here. Horde and Alliance may disagree on some of the answers if you post those questions here.

A good resources for new players to catch up on lingo, acronyms, and slang might be WoWpedia and WoWhead. Here’s a page you could even bookmark:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Category:Glossary

gl hf :slight_smile: