New player confused with quests and timeline

Hi guys, I started playing a week or two ago and I’m very confused with the quests. I started doing the Zandalar quests, finished the troll story and reached level 50. Now I received a quest to attack the alliance and another to go to Nazjatar at the same time, where it shows a cutscene of imprisoned N’zoth. Soon after that I received another cutscene from Valeera, as if N’zoth had already been released. I wanted to follow the story and complete each one in its own time, but I don’t see any indicators of this anywhere. Is there anything that helps me to know which quests are which or prevents me from doing quests outside my timeline?

The problem you are running into is that once you hit max level for an expansion, everything tends to open up at once. (This is so that when the content is current, you don’t have to play through everything on you alts just to be caught up with everyone else.)

Unfortunately, it can be confusing story-wise, and you really just have to know which quests go in which order. Although, fortunately, the War Campaign quests will generally open up along with where you are story-wise with the other quests so you can just do those as they come, and check back for more when you’ve unlocked other content.

For a general order of things for BfA:

Part 1: Leveling content

• The storylines for the 3 zones for your faction.
  • War Campaign: Three Foothold quests

Part 2: Unlocking End Game Content

• Pick up your Heart of Azeroth by starting the quest “A Dying World.”
  • Unlock World quests by doing “Uniting Zandalar”(H)/“Uniting Kul Tiras”(A)

Part 3: War!

• War Campaign: Everything up through the Battle of Dazar’alor Raid
  • Darkshore questine and Warfront
  • Side quest: Xalateth and the Crucible of Storms raid

Part 4: Naz’jatar and Mechagon

• All of Naz’jatar and the Eternal Palace Raid
  • All of Mechagon and the Mechagon Dungeon
  • War Campaign: Baine Rescue and War Campaign Finale (ends with Veteran of the 4th War Achievement.)

Part 5: N’zoth

• Starts with the quest from “Return of the Black Prince”(H)/“An Unwelcome Advisor”(A)
3 Likes

Thank you so much! Was wondering why I couldn’t unlock bfa world quests.