New Player 2 months Quiting Toxic Community

Well returned after being gone for years in the hopes things had improved and after 2 months of being back I am already throwing in the towel and moving on.

The toxicity of players is on another level and completely ruins the gaming experience for folks wanting to come back and enjoy running groups together and running higher end mythic dungeons and raids.

Hit 400+ ilvl on two chars and after running dozens of raids and Mythics can say WOW has fallen so far. I am sure the keyboard warriors will rise up to say you haven’t done this or haven’t done that but frankly I have done enough to know this game is going nowhere but down thanks to the repetitive mechanics and beyond toxic community that takes out their anger of not getting a good vault item on the first group they join upon logging in.

Peace out and my recommendation to anyone new looking to try out WOW again save yourself the time and move on to something else you will thank you me.

7 Likes

Hello, I see you posted a thread about leaving. Good luck to you! Just wanted to get that in before the “non toxic community” comes in and claims the game is perfect, you suck, asks for your gold, says good riddance, etc.!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

4 Likes

This isn’t an airport, you don’t have to announce your departure.

11 Likes

You’re sure of this because you chose to post on a toon with only +2s as far as M+ goes, and 4/8 a month ago.

Glhf in your future games, but I just don’t get why you’d say anything like this

when you literally don’t have to. It isn’t integral to whether you leave or not.

Why would you announce your departure at an airport? Who else cares whether you’re leaving?

So the passengers don’t miss their flights…

You ever been to an airport ? Departures are announced. Hence why people say that on Social media to people “quitting”… it’s not as funny when you have to explain it.

2 Likes

Yeah, but like, they announce the plane departing, not people departing. I certainly don’t announce to everyone at the airport that I’m leaving, because nobody cares.

6 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. I’m not sure what you mean, I thought it was perfectly normal to turn around as I was boarding and yell out across the airport that I was leaving, haha!

The passengers would be the players, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

Yes, that’s the joke. They announce Departures at airports. You don’t have to announce it on a game forum, as it’s not an airport.

Gamer = Flight in the analogy.

Thanks for ruining it for everyone else that was having fun.

1 Like

so… someone had a tantrum, and you chose to take it personally?

how does that make the entire community “toxic”?

:thinking:

2 Likes

Pug life is hard, find a guild…

Funny, I gave WoW a try last year and have been enjoying my time since I first stepped into Azeroth. So much so that this became my primary MMO over ESO.

Perhaps my disinterest in dungeons and raiding is part of why I rarely run into any toxicity that people harp on happening over and over in a neverending cycle… but I’ve recently been doing dungeons and keys more (although the latter, primarily with friends), and rarely run into anything overtly toxic. At worst, people playing stupidly, or insta-leavers when something goes wrong, etc.

Nothing like the vitriolic abuse people claim gets thrown around in every single type of content ever, no matter what. Not that I doubt there’s actual toxicity in the game - there definitely is, I’m sure - but at least for most ‘casual’ content, it seems incredibly rare to encounter.

1 Like

This is the norm. Every online space has toxicity, that’s unavoidable. WoW does not magically attract more jerks.

1 Like

you only have 2 level 70’s according to your lack of “Terrific Trio” achievement.
This one isn’t “400+”

fabricating stories to create an agenda, is beyond toxic.

(let us guess, this is on your “other account”, because you hate the game so much that you purchased multiples of it?" :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Careful, don’t you know being critical of people is toxic, now?

1 Like

Yep. If anything, I think people claiming the game is “super ultra mega toxic 100% of the time every day all year round” does worse for drawing jerks than any actual issues with the game itself or its playerbase.

It also heavily discourages people from giving the game a genuine try, which further worsens any already-happening toxicity from ever bettering.

2 Likes

The most toxic thing I see on a regular basis is referring to anyone making a mistake as “bads”

And it really isn’t catastrophic. It’s just part of a culture I don’t really consider myself a part of.

2 Likes

400 ilvl on 2 toons in 2 months?

Please stay and teach me. I cant even get to 390 ilvl only one toon.

1 Like

I rarely see even that, personally! Most of the time, it seems people are more likely to just silently leave than say anything about any ‘bad’ players in the group. Which, while annoying, is definitely the lesser evil of ‘toxicity’ that could be experienced in this game.

But yeah. I feel the whole “WoW is SUPER TOXIC!!11!!!1” mindset is just some bull that the same sorts of people keep shoveling, and is highly exaggerated more often than not. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I know folks ask for gold from those who claim they’re quitting… But, uh… Can I have your PC instead? This laptop of mine really wants to go for a swim & I’m just not sure I have the heart to keep it out of the pool.
:dracthyr_yay_animated:

1 Like