New Patch. Same Mistakes

So another talent row where there’s only 1 choice.

Great.

2 Likes

Which will be gated.

1 Like

How did people ever survive Mists of Pandaria, which had weekly caps on all sorts of things?

These days you mention anything and people break out the torches and pitchforks TIME-GATING!!! TIIIIIIIME GAAAAAATING!!!

Honestly, people are so ridiculous on this forum.

2 Likes

so you can’t grind it out in 1 sitting. you just weakened your argument that it’s a grind.

He doesn’t even play retail, he plays classic and then complains about “grinds” in retail.

We don’t set the rules. The leeches at Blizzard do.

1 Like

Rather play something that the retail devs haven’t completely ruined.

The belt is a free 265, kinda like a welfare Korthia tier legendary. You get to make your own 290 after a bit more grinding, and that grind is probably a lot shorter than the tier set grind. It is a really moot point in that regard. If you’re just gonna sit on a crappy 265 belt from a quest, why does it matter to you what slot the other legendary is in? At that point, just use a random 262 in another slot that does something similar because you’re not chasing efficiency anyway.

Legendary powers should work like essences since 9.0, create a legendary piece and add your legendary power and change it if you want at any moment, that could kill the crafting on several legendaries as a negative outcome, however it’ll bring a better environment on which players could try different powers.

Devs wasted time by creating so many powers and then the Meta gaming dictated which legendaries each class will use for any kind of gameplay, i don’t think there’s a big % of players who created some legendaries like the maw rat power and the phamtasmas power for Torghas as example.

We need to ask for systems that let us try everything, instead of systems that at the end are so convoluted that players just pick the best and never try the other effects at all, even when others could be fun on casual BGs, specific dungeons or bosses.

Except with MoP we at least had flying…

These days we have to grind weeks just to get it, if we’re lucky to even have that.

2 Likes

A lot of them are just copy-pastes of old Legiondaries and other things. Problem is they had a mandate of “each spec must have X legendaries” and the only way to meet that was to copy a bunch of the useless ones, too.

I think some of those useless ones could be fun on scenarios like specific BGs, flag carrier, base defense…etc, however this system doesn’t work like talents or essences.

there’s a gold / soul ash cost that created a huge barrier for player experimentation, similar mistake that happened with corruptions being rng drops and vendor rotation, that didn’t allow player to try all the fun combinations for the time of that patch.

have you considered that you can put it into a different spot? You know like common sense. But I guess this is the forums.

While I’ll continue to mention that 10.0 will be the earliest you’ll see what “New and Improved Blizzard” actually looks like, it is pretty sad seeing the usual suspects pushing back (yet again) at someone asking for game design not to work against itself and for content not to arbitrarily force players into doing things they hate.

2 Likes

Sure, I mean there’s only one choice of legendary right now….so I fail to see the difference other than having to craft an item, farm the worst currency this game has ever had (soul ash/cinders) to make one versus simply clicking whatever power you want on a talent interface…

I dunno, I guess they have research that Everybody Likes Getting a Legendary which is why they’ve been doing it so much since Mists when Wrathion started the whole thing.

Mists - Everyone Gets a Cloak

WoD - Everyone Gets a Ring

Legion - Legendaries for everyone!

BfA - He’s back!

The sweatiest neckbeards will find a way to get to revered before everybody get their belts.

What?? There’s no difference between having a “legendary” aka ultra common item and a talent other than crafting and farming choreghast being asinine

1 Like

The fact that this is your response to the legendary crafting system and how horrible it is makes me wonder if you’d be happy if Blizz gave you a dog poo covered shoe to wear.

You’re acting so ridiculous towards such a crap system.

The people defending the legendary system absolutely are, yes.

So you didn’t read. Got it.

Legendary questlines used to be fun. This Legiondary 2.0 system is crap. And actually worse than Legion.

2 Likes

Oh i read his pointless complaint. But thanks for your insight