New Nerf Makes Blackrock Depths Nearly Impossible

Zuna Skullcrush uses a pet called Fozling which is essentially the Blossoming Ancient/Sunflower. With no way to pump out a ton of damage to this pet it is basically unkillable as it can heal itself way beyond any damage done to it, even after using call darkness to cancel the sunlight. I think if the nerfs to black claw/hunting party are kept something needs to be done about boss pets that can nonstop heal as well

2 Likes

I’m waiting for Discodoggy’s buddies to painfully figure out a counter. Some of the strats they’ve come up with in the past are freakin’ brilliant.

Have you taken a look at the various strats on Xu-Fu’s? Some have been adjusted for the Shadowlands nerfs. It’ll still be a fairly lengthy fight, but hopefully doable.

https://www.wow-petguide.com/?Strategy=7160

4 Likes

Strategy from Xu-Fu with Broot on 1st and last pets - and pretty much any 2 pets with Black Claw / Flock, Swarm or Stampede (only use those two abilities, with Flock/Swarm/Stampede on 3rd pet before dying) for Fozling - is working. If you want to try something other that this, aquatic pets capable of combo with Water Jet / Cleansing Rain / Whirpool will kill Fozling too, like Elusive Skimmer.

Ah, thanks for your help guys. New to pet battling and didn’t know about Xu-Fu, I’ll try those strategies out.
My apologies, wrote the initial post when I was grumpy and should have taken more time to research before posting.

1 Like

The Xu Fu strats are helpful (I haven’t quite gotten around to BRD yet) and it is nice to know that it is still possible, as I was genuinely a little worried that the changes might cause certain fights to become impossible. However, I genuinely have to wonder if Blizz tested this internally or just went, na it’ll be fine. It seems to me they probably ought to have reduced the power level of a few of the fights to compensate.

However, I did notice that Fras Siabi from Strat (who used to be fairly difficult) was nuked from orbit with nerfs.

Yes. It was some of my early feedback pointing out that the changes reduced viable–and I use that term loosely with Fras because you always needed a few teams with him just in case–strats to ONE on Xu-Fu’s. We haven’t been able to circle back around to the dungeons yet, because we tested those early on and moved on to other things, but it’s on the list now that they’ve changed all the pet stats.

NP. You are a Saint.

I’ll have to log in & look at my rematch string but the key in general for this fight is to get some poisons/DoTs on one of them, then use an ability to swap them out for the next pet. Keep repeating the same strat & you’ll get some damage on all three with minimal healing. Stuns help for when you think you’re able to kill one with one shot then as well.

I’ll look up my team when I log in next & update. It was successful in 5 separate tries for me.

Good luck!

So proud of this forum. Not one “git gud” post, in regards to this. Wholesome.

1 Like

Was there a nerf after 9.0 that affected this fight? I had a strat that worked well but it isnt even coming close now. It was working earlier in November and this week its not.

I haven’t been in there, but different weathers got buffed this past Tuesday? Or whenever 9.0.2 happened. One of the buffs was to Toxic Fumes, which two of the Zuna pets have. And I think Sunny Day got one, too.

ETA: Sunlight got a damage buff, and Toxic Fumes got a CD reduction (5 -> 3) and a damage buff.