New Mythic+ Dungeon Idea

So, for Mythic+, the seasonal affixes. Some of those seasonal affixes were pretty cool, and I would have liked to have seen them more often. So I had this for an idea.

What if instead of having constantly buffing the dungeons up, we had just extended the key levels and added the new seasonal affix every 5 or 10 key levels, with the weekly reset changing which order we see the seasonal affix, and then dropping the higher ilvl gear with each new patch accordingly?

So for example, the 4 seasonal affixes this expansion were Infested, Reaping, Beguiling, and Awakened. From 10-15 you would have 1 seasonal affix, 16-20 would have 2 seasonal affixes, 21-25 would have 3 seasonal affixes, and 26+ would have all 4 seasonal affixes out at once. On one week you could have the seasonal affix rotation be as they were launched: Infested, Reaping, Beguiling, Awakened. Then next week’s reset would be something like: Reaping, Awakened, Infested, Beguiling.

I think it’d be cool to see the old seasonal affixes again on rotation, while also seeing how multiple seasonal affixes work together on higher keys.

I like the idea of generally having more affixes in the rotation (and even some active at once), but I think just stacking affixes on top of one another would become annoying. Some of the seasonal affixes weren’t well received either (G’huunies and Beguiling, in particular). Reaping would make for a good rotational affix, imo.

As much as I love Awakened, I think it’s such a huge game-changer that putting it as part of a rotation would be too disruptive. It’s disorienting enough doing keys below 10 as it is when you frequently do higher ones, having it cycle out - even if it’s just based on key level - would just make things more complicated than they need to be. I’d rather have Awakened or some similar mechanic added in as a baseline M+ feature or kept as a seasonal affix (even if some incarnation of it makes a return in the future).

Personally, I’d like to see Fortified and Tyrannical phased out completely and the scaling retuned to compensate. Throw in another affix from the pool into that slot and see how that plays out before going crazy.