New Mount: Vulpine Familiar

HMT hunter with a moose mount, moose pet, and a moose battle pet…Mooseception…

5 Likes

Its pretty obvious why they released it now. Their stock is at a 52 week low, down 40% for the year. Activision at its finest

9 Likes

Does it really run up to you when you summon it? That alone would be worth the money. All mounts should do this.

3 Likes

Doubtful. Zandalari And Kul Tirians ae gonna be it .

1 Like

To add an even bigger insult, the fox has a unique /mountspecial where it pounces and digs at the ground. Screw in game rewards amirite?

18 Likes

I kinda hate that it sprouts wings. It just doesn’t fit the theme.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like something I’d ever use. I hate large mounts. Had it been the size of the other foxes, I’d be more interested.

Oh well, so long as they make Store mounts this unappealing, I can’t complain.

1 Like

If they added, their mount will be a Hyena. Just like the mounts they use now.

Though an Alpaca mount would be nice for smaller races.

1 Like

Right because its not like a store mount was added during Legion and GD didn’t cry cash grab game is failing.

And just to point out this was the top rated comment during that

After announcing publicly that you expected an immediate drop-off in subscribers during an earnings meeting, then losing 3000,000 subscribers and following this up by officially stating that earnings have been stable due to character services you announce ANOTHER cash shop mount?!

This shows either an incredible lack of self awareness or complete and utter disdain for your consumers.
Heaven forbid you should develop some entertaining playable content with which to entice people to continue their subscriptions rather than these cynical, shortsighted money-grubbing “services”.

Point being the game has been failing since BC and everything Blizz does in the store front is to make up for that according to GD

3 Likes

I had to have this one. I maybe have three other store mounts but this one was so cute.

2 Likes

I like both the Hyena and the Alpaca ideas. I think the Hyenas are out of necessity and they are what is around in the harsh location they are stranded in. I think their true mount would be an alpaca. Can you imagine the viscous war Alpaca? Haha.

2 Likes

Its not that large really its a bit bigger then the first fox but not much…

Would have been better is it flew ona could or blue sparkly crap

It isn’t a large mount - I hate large mounts as well - this is a little bigger than the red prowler from legion.

If it didn’t there would be threads on how people spent $25 ($32 for me) on a mount that doesn’t even fly.

40% loss of stock value. Activision is not doing well. Destiny 2 failed and the new COD is doing poorly. Investors are dumping this stock

7 Likes

Yea, I am getting tired of the “wings outa nowhere” thing as well. I still think I’ll buy this one, but at least some of the others with this animation have “wing hubs” they pop out of when they take off. Seems like this one’s just pop outa nowhere.

1 Like

Hate to burst your shill bubble but the game population has had a downward trend since Cata.

Legion at it’s best held it somewhat steady. Something that is no longer the case.

WoD was so abysmal that the game shed over half of its population.

So let’s not try to rewrite history here.

Besides store mounts are always a cash grab… a virtual item for real currency intended to increase capital (likely for holiday season).

It certainly wasn’t added “for the players” … if they wanted to do that they could have introduced it as a new (in-game acquirable) mount for the christmas event that hasn’t changed since WoD.

8 Likes

I mean the only thing wrong in that statement is that the game started taking hits in Cata. But yeah anything that Blizzard does in the store is an insult to players that already pay 15$ a month.

6 Likes

Ok that made me crack up, have a like.

As for the mount… yep, I already have it, no question there.