New Mana Legendary?

So I absolutely miss playing high Mastery 50%+ and Prayer of Healing build for raiding and mythic+. Seems like after the last expansion, mana has been reduced beyond being able to play this build. Would be nice if Blizzard added a mana legendary to compensate. In general I miss Holy’s AoE healing. Flash Concentration is getting meh.

Flash concentration forces you to a spot heal playstyle. I am not a fan at all and find it a lot of work and a hassle, tbh. And I loved and miss the high mastery and prayer of healing build! It was ripping fantastic!

As for a mana legendary? For M+ all Blizzard needs to do is add food that gets mana back fast, either with an M+ only vendor, or across the game. The best food for mana currently is mage food hands down–but even so, it is not that great, and sometimes getting your hands on some is a royal pain.

Blizzard seems to be shooting itself in the foot with mage food, imo. I know your post is about holy, but in M+, disc can be mana intensive–especially in low skill groups. That this makes it almost necessary to have mage food over all else can create a problem. Someone has to switch over to a mage alt, you have to join a bg, you have to pay a random mage for food (at least 100 gold)–and it vanishes later, you have to bother a mage guildie every second day, you cannot log out once you have it, and the list goes on… I personally hate the “depend on a mage” mentality you get forced into and do not know why Blizzard has forced it upon us… But I digress.

BRH in legion has a lovely mana trinket that will be highly sought after. Look into it

Three questions regarding just such a trinket:

First, if you have to sacrifice the stat bonus of something like Soulletting Ruby or Unbound Changeling is it going to be worth it?

Second, if that is a trinket you get raiding then can you get a max ilevel one–that is, if the max ilevel in the game is 272, will you get able to get it at that ilevel? Who is going to be ponying up 200,000 gold or whatever for a carry to a mythic raid or three to get one the first month a new raid is out?

Third, BRH in Legion? How does that apply to anything but classic wow? Or am I missing something?

your missing something because no one said anything about classic wow and if you had played legion, you would know how good this trinket is, also blizz has said such gear is upgradable with valor points.

Mana trinkets are always desirable because no mana is no healing regardless of how many stats you get and unless your in a guild where you are getting 2-5 enervates, and im not then its highly valued to allow more aggressive healing. pws and smend for disc give back some portion of mana on an int trinket. Was good then and i imagine will be good now

and you have no idea what BRH is do you? i just realised. Black rook hold. legion timewalking dungeon… i also did say legion in my above post tho

But timewalking gear has a ridiculously low ilevel. I mean, you would probably be sacrificing a fair bit of stats to equip just such a trinket.

didnt read did you. TW legion dungeons will drop current mythic plus ilvl and will be upgradable with valor. Legion TW dungeons will be current mythic plus dungeons and have even been nerfed 3 key llvs to being them in line with SL, which backs up btw the point i made with SL dungeons being easier then other xpacs if you have to nerf legion dungeons so people can get through them.

for someone professing to be an expert in mythic plus mate you are remarkably underread and unaware

close the forums down and go read about whats coming up in 9.1.5

Night Fae is a mana-battery covenant for raid healing. Each time you activate Fae Guardians you can get 5.8k mana back so that adds up on 6-10+ minute fights.

1 Like

Oh, right, I gotcha now. I did read or see a Dratnos video or something about that but in my old age, had forgotten about that completely, as well. Anyhow… Hmm… So you say this trinket could be uber then, huh? Nice.

And these old dungeons will be open season in 9.1.5? Omg! I have healed all of the those old dungeons a zillion times (back in the day, leveling toons, and in TW). And so this could be fun! I hope they make BFA dungeons available in this as well. I love them all.

This is on an aside, I know, but now if they had M+ style keys for raid bosses, I would really be happy. Say with ten man raid groups where you had a timer to get the boss down… They could do this with old boss fights as well as current ones… Just a thought…

Also, some of the gear that drops in those old dungeons has one or even two sockets. Is that going to be available as well?