New loot chest info for Shadowlands

“Hang on guys, we can queue arena in 3 days when I’m done grinding content I don’t want to do.”

9 Likes

rofl this sounds like a such a convoluted way to go about things all just to avoid separating PvP and PvE gear which would allow a real PvP vendor with bis pvp gear and PvE gear could continue to drop as it always has since the dawn of 2004. If I didn’t know any better I’d think the U.S. government was running this game given how freely common sense was tossed out the window.

1 Like

Can’t wait to have 9 options for upgrades and have them all be crit mastery and be told the % chances of having 0 useful pieces with 9 chances are insanely low

6 Likes

It’s probably going to be worse than the current system.

Let’s say that they continue the BFA model of there only being 2 items in the pvp gear pool with the stats you want (haste/vers, only on, say, a belt and ring). The majority of the gear you want, if following the BFA model, will come from the items available in the M+ pool.

So let’s say that you already are wearing the BiS items in those two slots available from the PvP pool. You would actually not want to even gain any conquest rewards that week if you were only fishing for the items available from the M+ pool.

If the only items you needed were from the M+ pool, then you would be better off not getting any conquest gains at all, so as to not pollute the pool with those possible PvP rewards, after spending 10 hours or whatever to complete your 15 M+ runs.

We might actually enter a situation where people will actively and purposely NOT even be q’ing PvP at all, in order to gear up.

Never underestimate Blizzard’s ability to screw up systems more and more over time. It’s been their track record the past few expansions.

There’s only 3 possible slots for each type of content. Avoiding PvP isn’t going to populate your cache with more PvE items

3 mythic+ items is the max you can get in your cache regardless if you cap conquest or not

It’s better than the current system

I actually think it’s potentially worse since you only get 1 item.

Before you do 1 15 in 30 mins and cap conquest.

2 rolls for 2 items.

Now we can PvP and get 3 rolls for 1 item to be useful. 4 rolls if you also do a +15 but it’s 1 less item a week.

Issue is blizzard is literally just selling more lottery tickets but still making you hit time played metrics while playing the gamble game instead of actually fixing the feel of the reward system and allowing the gameplay itself be the rewarding aspect of playing PvP.

I’m expecting conquest vendor to be awful lower ilvl gear and all the systems in place to just be bfa 2.0 I don’t expect to play the expansion that Long is its just a repeat of this xpac as a slightly more polished turd that appeases shareholders and time played metrics while ignoring the huge community that lives and breathes the game.

O well

At least at first glance

2 Likes

Getting one less item per week is definitely a trade off with the removal of the PvP chest, but I still think it’s a better system if that 1 item you get is more likely to be usable due to having a choice

There were way too many weeks in BfA where both chests were bad and I walked away with 0 items that week

There’s also some currency you can choose if don’t want anything in your chest for that week. I don’t know what the vendor looks like for that currency so I can’t really comment on that, but there is some type of bad luck protection currency available

2 Likes

This sounds awful.

1 Like

Dont worry neither did the dev’s :joy:

Just another way non mythic raiders get left further behind in ilvl.

Not everyone can make time for 3 x 3-4 hour raid nights a week.

I miss TF :frowning:

Forsaken?!

Efx. How could you!

It’s like I don’t even know you anymore

dramatic sigh

1 Like

I got bored, but I miss being able to rocket jump back up after a MW tries to knock me off a level. Felt 200 iq when I did that. UD looks sexy, but I might have to switch it again :sob:

1 Like

NE hunter !?

What Is going on!

I leave for a month and this Is what i come back to!

1 Like

Don’t. He’s very sensitive about it.

2 Likes

don’t care didn’t ask plus i’m not playing shadowlands lool

Bro I am over 2 months in and I have gotten a grand total of 1 useable item for pve or pvp as a mage because every piece I get has crit on it. Shoulda just went arcane or something I guess.

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Ya I definitely did not get much in 2x caches each week. Even with 3 chars capping those caches most weeks were just a depressed day of no luck.

1 Like

fifteen total mythic dungeons? not one m+15?

this is a load of barnacles

2 Likes

Blizzards banking on extended quarantines.

If you’re already working from home, maybe you won’t notice the difference when game becomes work!