New LFG tool abuse

Please shaman, warlocks and hunters do not que as tank. Blizz made a mistake by letting you have the ability to que clicking on the tank role. No one is going to take you along as the tank. If you really want to try tanking as your class then you need to start your own group with people that do not care. I can see several group leaders clicking on these false tanks then immediately kicking then from group

6 Likes

Sounds like those group leaders aren’t engaging in meaningful social interactions.

Maybe they should try whispering the “tank” first. I heard that does wonders.

7 Likes

New group who dis? Role/Spec/iLevel?

2 Likes

Just create a culture where we falsely report non-tanks who queued as tank so they get banned by the automation system that Blizzard lets run wild. PVP’rs use this method, I’ve even heard of people stealing names with it.

Problem solved. Queue as tank, get banned. Ezpz.

3 Likes

hunters, warlocks, and shamans taking tank gear… LOL IMAGINE.

There’s like 4 people queued at any time, new tool sucks, bring back RDF.

20 Likes

Or maybe the tool shouldn’t let people who cannot tank at all list their role as tank.

2 Likes

Those classes can certainly tank. They may not be your preferred tank but they can still tank in Classic iterations of the game.

This is the great thing about LFG though. If a tank queues up and you don’t do not want them in your group, you simply DON’T invite them.

No they actually can’t.

3 Likes

Yes – they can. If you personally want to follow the min/max comp meta, that’s your prerogative. Again, that’s the nice thing about the LFG tool, it gives you the CHOOSE to invite whoever you want.

Not all of us care about min/maxxing a 15+ year old game though and will happily play with off-meta picks.

2 Likes

I don’t like Shaman tanks!

All classes can tank. Just that the miliage can vary.

na na na naaa naa, hey hey, they aint tanksssss

1 Like

If you believe that, then, as I’ve said before, feel free to not invite them to your groups.

No they actually cannot tank.

It’s awesome how you have no idea how the basic game mechanics even work.

5 Likes

I have used them as tanks in Hardcore groups all the time…they tank fine, its just slower pace.

If you want to do the dungeon highly unoptimally, yes, shamans and tanky pets can be used, especially in some of the lower level dungeons.

I’d never opt to choose one for that purpose though, and I do think that being able to list yourself as that role is largely just opening the door for cluttering the tool’s listings.

But then they’ll be happy, because they got a dose of social interaction!

Nah that’s not tanking, that’s just being carried by a healer.

6 Likes

Guess youve never ran Aq40, you need a warlock to tank one of the twins.

Correct in a highly gimmicky one off fight that doesn’t have any equivalent in 5 mans.

2 Likes