New leak with cutscene screenshot

Well this is a case of giving everyone what they want (supposedly) with absolutely zero filtering of crappy ideas. BFA is a case of hearing what people want, and then ignoring it and not doing it at all.

Honestly, a Shadowlands expansion sounds intriguing on paper, but ultimately I can’t see them stretching a whole expansion out of it. The whole being dead thing would get old after a while.

4 Likes

I just kind of dont like the no matter who you are no matter what you did no matter what you beilive no matter what deals you have everyobe ends up in the same nightmate afterlife as just s bit to bleak

So of the 10 bosses, anduin is 2 of them

4 Likes

“Ten minutes ago was merely a setback!”

34 Likes

I agree, which is why I don’t necessarily think that’s the case. The concept of the Shadowlands frankly doesn’t seem to work with the concepts presented in WoW. You have trolls (and some Pandaren) going into the care of Bwonsamdi, Vrykul ending up in the Halls of Valor or Helheim, Crusader Bridenbrad being taken to paradise by the naaru, and many MANY instances of the dead becoming ghosts in the corporeal world. Past that, we see the departed occasionally make reference to reuniting with their loved ones, like the Mor’ladim or Smiling Jim questlines. Things get even stranger when you consider the relationship between the “death gods” (Bwonsamdi, Eyir, Bolvar, etc.).

Ultimately, the concept of a singular uniform afterlife in WoW seems like a concept that’s been misrepresented. Does it need an entire expac though? Naw, just some clarifications peppered in here and there.

8 Likes

Yeah you would think if the afterlife was such a nightmare anyone that shows up woukd be screaming about the horrors they have seen

2 Likes

Maybe the image is real but not the info.
i don’t think that is photoshop,that really seems like a rendered cinematic.

Yeap this is like the hardest pill to swallow.

but in one hand this would close faction war in the only way that it could end after teldrassil, everyone dead, no more forgiveness
this would be our red wedding.
and maybe we can revive somehow after this.
i don’t know, i kinda like it.

Naw the writters dont know there cant be forgiveness just look as the siege of lodreon they wanted to arrest sylvsnas or at least anduin did and the sllisnce is a hive mind.

Doubtful. The art of crafting fake leaks has been in practice for a long time, and it’s actually not terribly hard to create something that replicates source material. Everything people have been noticing about the screenshot is probably there because it’s been how countless other fake leaks have been debunked in the past.

1 Like

But the alliance has no reason to side woth him, the horde rebels are helping the alliance, also you forgive the hordr anyways and become part of sylvanas army in the shadowlands

Honestly one of the more glaring things I see (or rather, don’t see) is the complete absence of any sort of continuation or conclusion to the whole Magni/Heart of Azeroth/wounded planet plot. Not even a vague mention of how the second of BfA’s two parallel overall story arcs stories gets resolved amidst it all. That’s a pretty huge facet of the current expansion to not have significantly folded into the finale.

So…if this “leak” were to be believed, we would seemingly just keep the HoA and it would remain our Artifact into the next expansion? Seems like a pretty massive thing to omit from a wrap-up of the current storyline.

10 Likes

Personally, I think it’s fake because the waves look a little too, uh… Well, completely unlike anything that’s been in any cinematic before.

Too reflective. Waves too large and round like it were a smaller body of water, etc.

Take a look at the water in either of these and tell me it’s like that in the “leaked” screenshot.

9 Likes

It’s totally plausible, Withpuppys, here’s the scenario they want us to slurp up:

Alliance and Horde: We have defeated Sylvanas together! The war is over!

Bolvar appears

Bolvar: Haha! I have no dog in this race, but I hate the Horde for some reason! Die Blood Elf I’ve never once interacted with!

Lor’themar: Oh no! I’ve been killed by randomly teleporting Lich King!

Alliance: We have zero reason to side with him, nor did we condone what just occurred, but alright.

Horde: Grrrrr, even though we just spent all our resources dethroning her, we’re gonna side with Sylvanas again, despite the fact that randomly teleporting Lich King killed Lor’themar and not actually the Alliance we were working with five seconds ago!

Taelia: And I am also here for some reason, suddenly completely okay with the fact that my dad that I haven’t seen for almost all my life is a death god.

31 Likes

They’ve already said Sylvanas is living through BFA, and Golden would never, ever allow Anduin to die. The screenshot looks neat and all but the premise reads like a fanfic checklist of things people want to happen.

Of course the tip off that it’s fake is Tyrande actually getting to kill Nathanos. Which wouldn’t even be that great because it would basically pin all the blame of Sylvanas and her second in command for literally the entire War of Thorns, and that’s sure as hell not true.

8 Likes

i don’t know, i am not an artist but i know that some of these effects are hard to create, like the shadows, or the watter reflection.

and some high res textures

of course, maybe i am getting fooled, but from all leaks so far, this image seems to be true, for me at least.

i know, maybe we need more context on how exactly does this happens.

i don’t know about that i mean, we already killed them so what more do we want? maybe after that we can see that fighting horde and alliance will end up in… death.

You bring a solid point, maybe that plotpoints remains unclosed for upcomings expansions?

maybe we can get some sort of closure with a 8.3.5.

3 Likes

Reflection and shadows are the bread and butter of just about any 3D rendering software. Create a ‘wavy’ surface, set the reflection high enough to resemble water, then place objects above the surface of the water.

I’m of the opinion it’s a high-effort fake.

7 Likes

Both can be argued as technicalities in this case if we just come right back.

Ehhh… not really. While I don’t have the resources to create anything that looks this interesting, I’ve done my fair share of image editing with WoW models, and I know a fair number of machinima artists who can craft something that looks this good, if not better.

Frankly, I’m with Fizzer. The water effects in this screenshot in comparison to the in-game are largely dissonant, even if they’re trying to make it look like Helheim. I’m not buyin’ the screencap, and I’m DEFINITELY not buyin’ the summary.

3 Likes

Yeah, the “Now the true war can begin” bit made me roll my eyes halfway out of my skull. It’s just “DRAENOR IS FREE” all over again.

Then again, it’s not like the writers have garnered a lot of good will with their decisions lately. One horrible turn deserves another, as they say.

However, it also reminds me of the photos taken of fake promotional material where it talks about how Magni is a pawn of the Old Gods, and stuff about us having/customizing our own ships, etc.

https://blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FakeExpansionVeiil.jpg

6 Likes

I doubt it’s true, but wouldn’t be surprised if it is either. It’s really no worse than anything else in BfA.

2 Likes