New "leak" enjoy

I just see any possible new classes as being another hero class that will bypass Legion by starting at 110 and/or up depending on when it’s introduced.

4 Likes

Who doesn’t love BlizzCon presentations?!?

I’d make the argument that it’s less that the Horde actually stole them and more because the Horde got blood elves (which the players didn’t even want), the Alliance never got high elves (which they actually did want).

Blizzard tried to justify this by saying “there aren’t enough high elves for an Alliance race” then proceeded to use high elves to represent an Alliance faction in just about every expansion since WotLK, before finally giving the Alliance purple high elves, which is a lorewise a small minority of blood elves which means their number is even less than surviving high elves.

6 Likes

I think that justification was fine during BC, but Blizzard shot themselves in the foot by adding the Silver Covenant, and then as you said the Void Elves. It was a mistake to add any significant High Elf faction.

4 Likes

The justification was absolutely fine in TBC, because the aside giving the few high elves that appeared updated character models, they were not a major presence in the game outside of one quest hub in Terrokar. Then as we agreed, WotLK happened and now here we are with void elves.

Blizzard made the problem worse by giving an excuse and then going out of there way to make it seem like a just that, an excuse. So now it’s a sore point that will literally never go away until they either break and give Alliance actual high elves (which is unlikely) or at the very least give void elves a pale skinned skin option…which itself is a problem Blizzard created because they couldn’t commit Alleria being purple voidy 24/7 and instead gave her back her normal high elf appearance but made playable void elves perma-purple.

7 Likes

I don’t think a pale or healthy skin option for Void Elves will help either to be honest. People who genuinely like Void Elves seem to want more void customization like black eyes and void tattoos, not High Elven customization. People for High Elves want to play actual High Elves like the Silver Covenant, not a bunch of former Blood Elves who got kicked out of Silvermoon for studying the void.

If the Void Elves had originally been the Silver Covenant, I don’t think we’d have much of a problem. You’d still have people salty over the whole affair, but people would finally be able to play their Silver Covenant elves.

At this point I think the only thing for it is to just add High Elves already. Make them the race from Dalaran, give them some ear length options to roll in Half-Elves, and call it a day. Rework Dalaran’s NPCs afterwards.

3 Likes

That’s a possibility. And honestly I don’t think making them fully compatible with Legion leveling would be a huge undertaking if we accept they won’t have a class campaign or artifact appearances and unable to earn those achievements.

They will probably have a class hall simply because all new classes have gotten those. So just have 1 quest at the start where they get handed an “artifact” that is really just a generic weapon they can slot relics into. Then just a scouting map for breadcumb quests and place to drop Light’s Heart can be shoved into a corner of their class hall.

They don’t even need to be able to do Champion missions, and the handful of story quests that require them in the outdoor world can simply be autocompleted.

1 Like

But if the rumored level squish actually happens, you probably will have the option of skipping Legion altogether just as you now have the choice of skipping Crusade or Northrend.

1 Like

if anyone wants to see this “leakers” previous attempt at a fake leak here you go, its the same guy. he even references one of his fake leaks from the first time

https://imgur.com/a/we9I204

4 Likes

i hope that all of this is fake.
please not mechagnomes as allied race PLEASE DON’T

3 Likes

ethel, look at the comment above yours, this guy is a fake leaker, this recent leak isnt even his first

6 Likes

Even if the leaks are fake (they’re 99.99% are), I’m sure mechagnomes will happen.

3 Likes

Sylvanas bartering away Zandalar to a re-awakened Yogg-Saron in exchange for eternal life would have been hilarious.

1 Like

fake news lol, but was a good read

i wouldnt be surprised if sylvanas made a deal like that with nzoth. seeing how she delivers the key to nzoths cell (the key being us and our heart of azeroth)

Here’s why it’s fake IMO, in the past every new class has been central to the expansion’s theme. Tinker has absolutely nothing to do with dragons.

1 Like

I remember a fake leak just before Blizzcon 2017 that said “Void Elves” were becoming a thing.

We all laughed then.

2 Likes

im still laughing

1 Like

Hey, I think this would have been cool as hell. Then we could transition from this Garbage Battle for Azeroth; into the REAL OG one (with Yogg Saron on one side and N’Zoth on the other; and hell Magni being a puppet of C’Thun) and our stupid butts stuck in the middle just barely trying to keep on to our sanity and lives.