New "leak" enjoy

Part of me wants to see them announce that if only to see how they bungle the presentation, considering their track record for appealing to Alliance players.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm for attempting to appeal to Alliance players, or acknowledging how they’ve failed to appeal to Alliance players with other systems. Either way if the faction barriers come down, no matter how well it is done or not, expect complaints, and I imagine from both sides.

Blizzard: “Legion was very successful, and we figured out why! We learned that Horde players wanted to quest for Alliance NPCs, and Alliance Players wanted Blood Elves to be their friends!”

1 Like

Eh kinda both I guess. I’m just recalling their announcement for AI for battlegrounds being paired with “thanks Alliance” and some other things I’ve heard in the past.

EDIT: “You’re Welcome Alliance”… something of the sort.

2 Likes

Oh right, the jabs which they see as humor but which are aimed at an already irate playerbase.

"With the War between the Alliance and Horde finally over, Warchief Baine Bloodhoof and High King Anduin Wrynn have formalized a powerful peace treaty! Players will now be able to join groups, guilds, and raids across faction lines. All races will now know the Common language, while humans from Stormwind will acquire a new dialect of their own.

“You’re welcome, Alliance, now get out there and join the raids.”

The “tinker” class idea is hilariously stupid.

Also, the amount of troll in this post makes it a sort of litmus test for a given poster’s grievances with BfA. Will they focus on Elune, Sylvanas, Anduin / Baine, Calia, or other?

3 Likes

Yes indeed, let us laugn at them

How can you tell who likes a post?

If you click on the number next to the heart it shows who liked the comment

6 Likes

This “leak” is literally every hot-button issue given a halfassed, halfhearted answer. The dead give away for me was “Prestige Classes”. That was ripped almost word for word from a Taliesen Theory Video to the point where I think he has a case for plagiarism.

4 Likes

the “leaks” keep getting less creative each time

edit: this makes me laugh https://imgur.com/a/r6vCKed

sylvanas: “what? i was trying to keep n’zoth from breaking free by sending the exact thing he needs to break free to nazjatar”

4 Likes

It’s gotten some traction. People do like new classes. Admittedly I don’t think Tinker is that great of an option.

I don’t think new classes will be an option going forward. I mean, Blizzard would have to create an entire class hall campaign, artifacts, and artifact skins for a new class to level through Legion content correctly.

You’re crazy.

Yeah, but it’s never been about just blind and fanatical devotion to them. It’s more like the Warchief sets a standard, and the rest of the Horde is duty bound to uphold that standard.

When Thrall was around, that standard was to show compassion and respect to both allies and enemies alike, even if they would show none, to show that we are better than the evil and prejudice that the Horde fights against.

Then you got a Warchief like Garrosh who has the “respecting enemies” part down, but lacks the compassion and eventually for his own people. Which is what led to his downfall.

Finally, we got Sylvanas, who essentially throws any kind of standards out the window and expects absolute loyalty from her followers. Her “standard” is simply to destroy all that oppose her, which really isn’t much to work off of from the perspective of an everyday Horde citizen.

Point is, when Thrall reinstated the Horde, he made the Warchief position more about setting examples and displaying strong virtue and morals for his people to follow. Sylvanas, right now, makes it more about simply obeying the will of the Warchief and that her interests are that of the Hordes’ so all morals and ideals should be compromised in what she believes to be the “greater good”.

I don’t think that’s necessary, we just more wise and intelligent Warchief’s, like you said. Those who don’t see the position as just absolute authority, but one of great influence and a source of inspiration to the people.

1 Like

I doubt they would either bother with adding artifacts/class halls for new classes or allow that to hinder them adding new classes. It would go the same route as Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters with the old raids and tier collections: They simply wouldn’t get any.

1 Like

Point well taken, Syegfryed.

The AR system isn’t particularly bad, but it definitely didn’t need to be as complicated as they ended up making it. Race skins would have been perfectly fine, like a Forest troll skin for a Darkspear troll or Wildhammer tatoos on Bronzebeard dwarves. Like, most of the current AR we already had access to lorewise and didn’t need to take such narrative leaps to add them to their respective factions.(Mag’har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves have been around since BC and Cata)

1 Like

I’m not sure if the Horde ever took them, I mean the Blood Elves were effectively neutral at the end of WC3, and they served as a foil to the Night Elves better on the Horde than they would’ve served on the Alliance as just another Elf race. There were High Elves with the Alliance in Vanilla, but they were very few and far between. They had one lodge that was just designed for Horde questing, and less than 10 NPCs scattered throughout, and when asked why High Elves weren’t playable they answered there weren’t enough of them left.

Granted with new lore and their philosophy on race populations clearly changing that isn’t the case anymore, but it certainly was when they released BC.

Unfortunately the Artifacts and Class Halls are a MAJOR part of the Legion leveling experience, and you can’t really do Legion without them. Try going through Legion content again without an Artifact and without visiting your class hall. You just can’t do it.

I hadn’t thought of Legion leveling in the context of new classes. It raises an interesting point of ever getting new specs/classes.

It would take a LOT of work to put them on the same playing field as the pre-existing ones in that area. Relics would be useless unless they got some random weapon that had the slots. No followers and no class hall cause all sorts of headaches, but I could imagine Blizz just throwing a mission table in a corner to select your leveling zone and calling it a day.

That or they’ll do nothing and Legion leveling will be an absolute slog for any newcomers.

2 Likes

They’d probably do what they did for new races in the Argent Tournament and just throw them into an already existing class hall if they bothered to change anything at all. I’d be willing to put money down on your “throwing a mission table in a corner and calling it a day” plan as the more likely option though.

Demon Hunters got a whole three tier sets before they axed the entire system so they only have a stupidly small number of Demon Hunter styled sets. Heck, they got rid of the “leather chests will display the chest for Demon Hunters so you can see their skin/tattoos” thing as well so they certainly aren’t adverse to short changing new classes since old content isn’t worth their attention.

4 Likes

Only because it is designed to force you to as the existing classes. A new class would just be given either the breadcrumb quests into the zones or simply given all the initial flight paths. You would just hit the leveling zones until you would be of level to sink into BFA.

If they gave the existing classes the initial breadcrumb quests that you get from the scouting map then you could bypass the Class Hall. Even as it is you just have to get the first artifact and toss it in the bank to unlock the mission board to get the breadcrumb quests. After that none of it is needed to hit 110 and get drug down into BFA.

1 Like