New Kala Video: Compiled his/Sjele/THD 9.1 Lock needs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYERaKenJnM

Good video! Enjoy yall :smiley:

6 Likes

Not everything that warlock needs but most definitely everything mentioned warlock needs.

2 Likes

I like it as far as pve goes, but doesn’t touch surviveability in PvP at all.

1 Like

My mans does not PVP and I do not know of any PVP Warlocks who are content creators in 2021

Wasn’t a criticism, in fact farthest from. I was just pointing out that we need all he mentioned and more

100% agree with all of his points. This expansions’s warlock design is the worst among all expansions. If you don’t know how to do it, plz just go check your MOP warlock design, even 50% of MOP warlock feel much better than this peice of shXt warlock.

4 Likes

At this point blizzard dont care about warlocks needs, we need a dev that play the class.

2 Likes

They had devs who played the classes and most of them manipulated the system to get their classes overtuned.

Main Topic: I stopped taking advice from KALA after he previously said destro was fine. Noticed a pattern where he does that often, going along with something bad so he has more content to make a video about it.

1 Like

Destro was fine, on beta.

Beta Destro and Live Destro are not the same Destro. A lot of 11th hour changes happened.

2 Likes

as someone who works with him literally every day behind the scenes this could not be further from the truth. “going along” with something bad in fact makes for less content because you have less talking points about the subject if youre just letting it go as opposed to hammering down on issues.

5 Likes

i dont agree with your evaluation of kala videos, he tries hard to give realiable content in his videos, sometimes i may not agree with him but he doesnt mean he is not trying to help the community.

5 Likes

Gonna agree with Cheeze here. If he went along with something that was bad, that’s just less content to talk about. When something has glaring problems, it becomes even easier to talk about and thus fills more content.

As a side note, warlocks as a whole feel like they lack good content creators outside of Kala. Most of the other content I see is stuff like… over sensationalized, cherry picked PvP.

THD doesn’t create content, but he does post stuff on Twitter a lot.

Sjele and Kala are the only two for PVE that put like, clear effort into their discourse for warlock.

Onflame does PVP, but he doesn’t make too much content to begin with and does more “recommendations” rather than meta-analysis of the class imo.

Before him, Warlock PVP was basically Cobrak and one other person and Cobrak kinda changed the direction of his content a whole 7 years ago (still posts stuff every now and again).

Warlock RP is Valarynn & Co on twitter, again not that many.

But the PVE-minded (Kala, Sjele, THD) don’t engage with the PVP minded (Cobrak, Onflame) don’t engage with the RP/Class Aesthetics minded (Valarynn, etc)

In an ideal universe, there would be a giant round table between all but alas.

2 Likes

We really should, as the warlock community, gen up thing like this. Big roundtables with specializations. Some people ‘expert’ at Aff pvp, others destro pve, etc. And just give actual experience based content in round table discussion. Make pvp Aff and pve Aff talk openly about how to “fix” the spec without hamstringing either.

I know I for one am guilty of theorizing changes without thinking about pvp much and I have to imagine most of us are similar.

Perfect world, right?

1 Like

we tried. it was the warlock round table with Not, Kala, THD, Xyro, and DCarter

admittedly this was heavily PVE focused but ive tried to get them to do it again, you could add in Maldiva + Chanimal, and whoever Baal recommended for the RP community (im skeptical here pero youve proven me wrong before baal).

3 Likes

Val is the one who made the viral thread about Demon-taming-grimoire system haha

Their threads are linked at the bottom of my Demon Stables thread in GD :smiley:

idk about leader but I wager Valarynn has the most followers and evidently the most ideas

I remember watching that during beta but I mean more as a regular thing.

yeah we’ve tried. Its REALLY hard to get hold of a group of very high end players when things like AWC, MDI, and recently RWF are things. the guys are just too busy and its kinda difficult to centralize it on 1 channel when all of them could be generating revenue on theirown streams for those who do it as a living.

also youd want it maybe once or twice a tier at most due to the pace at which Blizz makes changes, theyd run outta stuff to talk about pretty quick

2 Likes

I think once a season for pve would be adequate tbh.

Pvp iunno.

1 Like

Bring soul link/demon armor baseline.

1 Like