New Jailer/Runecarver cinematic after 15 memories (obvs spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTiilUajBk&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=Wowhead

Tldr/takeaways

• Really does look like the Runecarver is the Primus
  • Guess there really was miscommunication as to how many fingers the Primus statue is supposed to have lol
  • “Mourneblade”, new term, sounds cool
  • “Vessels of Domination” appear to be the official term for stuff (Helm of Domination, Frostmourne, etc)
  • How do people have 15 memories already?!?!?
24 Likes

:exploding_head:

Woooh… I haven’t gotten there but now I must!!

Wow, if the Primus recovers to full there will be Hell to pay… “The Jailer” insidious Plans and Armies extracted from his mind… he could turn again him, hopefully…? :thinking:

2 Likes

I think we now have to assume that further “Mourne” weapons will drop at some point. Firemourne? Ashmourne?

Aside from that, nothing really shocking here. We already had a pretty good idea that these “Vessels” were passed to Kil’Jaeden from the Jailor (with the Nathrezim presumably acting as middlemen, obscuring their true source). From that starting point, the Runecarver is the obvious pick to be the guy who actually created them.

6 Likes

I’ll be getting 15 memories probably by 9.1 at the rate I’m getting drops lmaooo

for 15 you’d need all of the ones from the 3 specs (12 total) + 3 of the General ones

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/4i3hzXY.png

Runecarver being the primus makes it quite lame imo.

1 Like

I’m guessing 1 sword per spooky magic usually tied with “death stuff”

Frostmourne, Shadowmourne, Firemourne, Deathmourne, Bloodmourne?

agreed but I’m still on the missing finger for the statue

What’s “lame” exactly? The Maldraxxus storyline makes a big deal about him being the greatest smith to ever exist, and he went missing while investigating the Jailor’s plans. It’s all very cleanly set up imo.

38 Likes

I believe Vashj is familiar with the Primus and to my knowledge I believe that would Actually make the theory that the primus is the Runecarve to be null.

Coz It would make more sense for the primus to be Elsewhere, seeing as this makes as much sense as Nozdormu being captured in a time loop while deathwing tortures him. the primus is supposed to be this being that is like “all knowing” of the jailers plans. And has obviously been preparing for him becoming a threat for a long time. him just being captured because ??? just feels lame, I would rather have him maybe be out of the shadowlands in another “plane” to search for a way to undo the jailers plans.

Aside from that I know that we can trust a drunk homeless man to do something usefull (look i have no idea what else to refer to ok?) instead of spending the money you give him on beer, More than we can trust anything blizzard has to say about the story.

Still, Danuser said that “his teachings might have reached some other shadowlands individuals” or something.

If the Primus was such a famous smith and made the stuff, why would Devos mistake the runes on Frostmourne as Maw stuff and not from Maldraxxus?

Unless that’s just an oopsie.

3 Likes
  1. Vashj and Draka both imply they met/knew the Primus, so that puts the timeline as to his disappearance after Burning Crusade xpac
  2. This cinematic shows the Helm of Domination being made
  3. Helm of Domination was brought to Azeroth via the Lich King in year 8, ie before Burning Crusade
  4. If the Primus is the Runecarver, then he was imprisoned/defeated at least since the First War just abouts
  5. If that is the case, Draka could have met the Primus, but Vashj could not, and makes some dialogue strange

“Contains the power of the Maw”; the magic is of the Maw, everyone just assumed it was the runes themselves

3 Likes

She also said in the afterlife cutscene that the runes on Frostmourne were unmistakable immediately before saying that. And I think you’re powering up those same kinds of runes with that sword you get in Maldraxxus questing. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

To be fair the runes used in Maldraxxus are different from the runes used in the Maw, there’s no repeated assets.

It could be all runes are the language of Death, but some are “darker” than others.

7 Likes

So. “Your grandest design… to claim the final prize. The secret that the First Ones sought to hide.”

Wonder if this is telling that Azeroth is related to the First Ones.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better? At my current droprate, I’ll have filled out SV’s and BM’s hookickers by the end of the month, no sweat, done without even trying. Still won’t have a single MM one, of course.

Which, needless to say, is the spec I love and have exclusively played since MoP, possibly Cata.

This First Ones secret the Jailer is looking for is probably Azeroth’s soul, they already established in the pre-event he’s after that. The only question here is why.

Maybe the “Azeroth is actually a First One reborn” theory some are having is correct.

Are you telling me you never, not even once, sprinkled a little Azerite on your salad?

I mean, if you had, then you’d clearly know why everyone wants a taste of that sweet, sweet Azeroth.

1 Like

Indeed. He ended up as a Jailor, but now he has the chance to break free and live his dream of being an Eternal Culinary Master.

5 Likes

Hmmm, but if “TIME is not a construct of Death” would it be possible for them to act outside of time?
I don’t remember who mention that… but I know it was mention, before. It would also explain how they are able to infiltrate and pick up souls from everywhere at the right exact time… I think? :thinking: :man_shrugging:

Wishful thinking out of subject

Oh god I wish we had spin off single player games were you play a side story apart from the main WoW time line! Like Baldur’s Gate 3, Neverwinter Dragon Age or Skyrim were your get more personal with NPC and small section from the larger World or Universe events, etc…

OOoooo I would not mind playing as a “Hero” only to find out that the PC character is a Dread Lord that forgot or accomplish his mission by creating such a perfect guise! Ohh one could only dream… :heart_eyes: :yum:

1 Like