New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Who’s defending bots? Imagine still playing the straw man card in arguments on the internet…

1 Like

Even with it camped it’s still pretty decent. I don’t even bother with the chieftain and pickup thorium at the same time.

I haven’t bothered with it much, but how does camping the runners go if you’ve ever tried that? Thorium isn’t much of a selling point for me as I’m not a miner.

Depends on if there’s a mage at the cave entrance camping them as well, since we need rage for ww.

I didn’t have to imagine it. I witnessed it when you accused me of being narcissistic for disapproving of botting, or as you spun it:

Again, who’s defending bots. You telling other players how to play, legitimate players who like to farm is in a word, retarded.

1 Like

i can also pretty much confirm rested XP has been nerfed to 20 bubbles instead of 30.

thanks blizz.

Legitimate players who like to farm are fine. “Legitimate” players who act like bots and run the same instances over and over again to the point where they bump up against the hourly cap for over 6 hours a day are taking it too far.

1 Like

Again, it does not take 6 hours, you guys harp on that like its a thing when you don’t understand the mechanics of what you’re talking about.

It does not take but 6 minutes to run thru the entirety of purple mara collecting the mushrooms (4 to 6 of them). That’s 30 minutesgo away, make some food, do something else come back repeat. You can cap yourself in 2.5-3 hours of actual game time, easy.

So tell me again how this is illegitimate and game breaking and I’ll once again express disdain at those like you who believe you have a right to tell other people how to play or that you even understand what we’re talking about.

2 Likes

That’s not bot activity, that’s playing, period.

You’re confusing the root issue. Botting is automated and doesn’t require human input, which is why it’s banned. Farming efficiently in a method that the end user prefers is not, as long as there is a physical human controlling the character.

You can say or claim that people “play like bots” all you like. That doesn’t make them a bot and doesn’t make their activity any different from any other legit player as long as they’re not exploiting things that are unintentional like pathing.

WE ALL AGREE THAT LEGITIMATE ISSUES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED!!!

Limiting players to 30 instances does NOTHING to resolve the real issues that are abused.

8 Likes

Spellhance Shamans? What is that even? People play with that spec?

1 Like

Spamming dungeon resets is the abuse.

You need to add demand to that equation. You completely left it out. Lots of bad players used drops/pvp instead of lionheart in 2005. Now every decent warrior has one, and there are a lot more of those.

You have a source for that, or you making up nonsense like usual? We’ve been spamming dungeon resets for 15 years without so much as a peep about it, and even now they aren’t saying that’s something they consider an exploit.

So you don’t know what a bot actually is? How does doing something for a long period of time equal not doing something at all and having automated software do it for you?

Botting and legitimate play are basically polar opposites, and I really want to know what sorts of mental gymnastics are going on in your brain to somehow manage to think they’re the same thing.

You know this is a bad change when Blizz’s white knights are all repeating stuff this stupid.

Running dungeons isn’t an exploit, that you think running say 4 hours of dungeons on a friday evening, then 2 hours saturday morning is perfectly fine behaviour but the moment you try to go over 2 hours that morning you have gone from legitimate player to cheater is absolutely absurd.

If a behaviour is an exploit, it’s an exploit no matter how little or how much you do it. And if its an exploit to run dungeons too efficiently, farm specific pieces of gear, and make too much gold, maybe Blizz should make that clear rather than lying about why they made the change.

4 Likes

Blizzard limited dungeon reset spam in vanilla.

1 Like

To 5 per hour, yes we’re aware of what was in Vanilla, a 5/hour limit. 30/day has never been a limit to running dungeons, and it definitely wasn’t in Vanilla.

4 Likes

If anyone was wondering, it looks like the server shutdown for tuesday will reset your count.

But people aren’t “running dungeons” they are spamming resets and only doing specific bosses or farming specific areas. This is apparently, according to Blizzard, and I agree, an explotive behavior practiced by almost all bots and a very small percentage of players. Did people do this in Vanilla? Maybe, although I never knew anyone that did 30 dungeons a day back then. Now in Classic it has become a common behavior by bots and some players.

And that limit should have been a real clear indication that they don’t want people endlessly spamming dungeons.

Are you saying that not full clearing is exploiting then? Or is clearing too fast the exploit?