New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Most of the people actually hitting the limit were doing things that by design aren’t possible in retail dungeons. Things like trolling for rares, abusing various pathing issues to farm something etc…

1 Like

Oh look, once again you have no actual counter because what I said is 100% correct.

Would it kill you white knights to ever respond with a reason for why you disagree with someone rather than just spamming ‘no you are wrong, but I have literally nothing of value to say to prove how.’

No, it was exploiters, like wall/ground/fly hackers.

People have pointed out some of the issues caused by dungeon spam. You just don’t like those reasons.

Trolling for rares isnt an exploit. Pathing is.

If blizzard didn’t want rares to be rare they wouldn’t have made them rares in the first place.

They are no more rare per hour to those using their 5 resets than they were to those who werent. With the reset atleast groups didnt have people drop because the rare wasnt there.

And yet still you have no explanation why blizzard allowed it to happen the entirety of vanilla.

1 Like

You have a source of those ‘issues’ being exploits?

Dungeon spam is not an exploit.

Want to know what else effects the economy? Looting mobs you kill.

If your so worried about the economy, you can help fix the problem by just not looting anything!

Killing stuff and looting is how this game works.

It’s not our fault you want to play for half an hour a day and have the same benefits of those that play hours a day. Some people can only play for a day or two a week and result in long play sessions.

Doing dungeons is not an exploit.

1 Like

These things weren’t being done to same extremes in vanilla.

Frequency = Irrelevant. They were happening and were allowed to happen in Vanilla.

Dont give them any ideas, they might claim mob grinding is exploitative next.

Yes they were, in Vanilla we had players constantly farming all of over, to the point where there was a South Park episode making fun of this behaviour, and it became the stereotype that WoW players were no lifers.

And just look at other playstyles- the r14 grind requires 3x more play than this limit- that’s how low the limit is, players during Vanilla would play 3x longer every single day for months on end for pvp gear. So saying that this wasn’t done to this extreme in Vanilla is extremely ignorant.

The pvp grind required you to go far beyond this.

And even if, arbitrarily they decided that 6 hours a day is too much for a dungeon player (though not anyone who does any other activity)- they didn’t say their target was people playing to much, they specifically said automated or exploitative behaviour was the target.

Never before have they said playing 6 hours a day is an exploit, or that doing dungeons and nothing else is an exploit. If they were to call them exploits- I wouldn’t like it, but I couldn’t then argue that its not an exploit.

But until they actually call spamming dungeons an exploit, there’s no reason to call it an exploit. Exploits have to be identified as such.

What you’re doing right now is the same as accusing someone of breaking the law, then asked when what law is broken you are failing to come up with anything because there is nothing.

Instance caps are no more arbitrary than Raid lockouts, both are time-gates. There have always been time-gates and there always will be. There are arguably many more in Retail that have been added along the way.

And of course dungeon spamming seems much more prevlant by both bots and players in Classic than it was in Vanilla.

It being done more is irrelevant. People playing the game more is good for the game.

That really depends on what they’re doing in the game.

Then we’ll have to disagree, I don’t believe that more dungeon spamming is good for the game. If these folks were acutally running the dungeons that would be different. But, of course, if they were actually running the complete dungeons the 30 instance a day cap wouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

I don’t like either. The difference between this and 5/hr and time based raid locks are that those already existed in vanilla and I came into classic accepting that those would be a thing.

At the very least, raid content was also designed to have certain lock-outs from the get-go and dungeons never were.

It’s not what I would call arguable. It’s pretty hard fact.

Here’s the thing, in the OP of this very thread:

If they were referring to the flying/wall hacking, what on earth would an instance cap do to combat it?

2 Likes

Reduce the amount of gold farmed from the bots until they identify a solution to the fly hacking without affecting a large portion of the legitimate playerbase