New ilvl question

This current week, doing a 6 or higher will reward a level 6 chest for next week, which is a 385.

ok i thought the gear from next week would be capped at 385 from all end of run chests.

the OP seemed to have wanted to farm them for easy shot at TF. is this inaccurate?

I think it’s for dungeon completions too, I’m not sure they do a poor job explaining things. Though I believe Titanforging won’t be capped

This isn’t true, you have to do a +10 this week to get a 380 from the weekly chest Tuesday. Ion says it in the post he made.

so, in theory we could face roll a bunch of +6s for shots at easy 400 something TF?

assuming there isn’t a cap in place, which now that i think more about this, there should be.

As it stands now:

That’s all that’s been confirmed. You still have to pursue a +10 this week for a 380. If you want to start next week with a +10, you need to complete a +13 or higher this week.

In theory, yes you could farm +6s next week but that all relies on if TF and WF are disabled for the week or honor the 385 cap. We don’t know.

1 Like

I see, thanks.

In the first week of uldir release the items were capped at 355 so it is likely they are capped at 385 for the first week.

Wouldn’t make much sense to cap it at 385, since we already have bigger pieces. I think we were only capped for two to three weeks at launch before Uldir so people could level.

Because you can farm Mythic+ repeatedly. You can’t farm raids for gear on the same level as you can M+.

1 Like

I see we are all as confused as I am on this topic.

What I want to get to is that if +6 drops 385 but the TF cap is 425 that the end of dungeon piece has a chance to drop TF gear.

My most educated guess is that YES I will be able to get TF gear up to 425 from end of dungeon +6.

it seems weird to cap M+at 385 when heroic is opening week 1 which gives 400 gear. right?

Since September 4th, 2018, the Titanforge cap is ilvl 400. This cap should stay until the opening of the next raid zone after Uldir.
Source: https://www.wowhead.com/titanforged-in-wow-raids-and-endgame-reward-system

But again, we don’t know. In theory, the answer is yes; In practice, you’ll have to try and see. Blizzard doesn’t like telling us anything or clarifying jackcrap around here.

Yes and a valid point but you can’t farm Raids like you can Mythic+.

well you could just face roll a +6 over and over for chances at gear that would be superior to what’s available from the raid

this really just shows how stupid TF is if anything

How long do we have to wait till Zandalari, Kul’Tiras guys?

Per Ion, “Soon”. Will be sometime after the raid. So, 4 - 6 or 8 weeks is my guess.

Ok guys here me out…

My plan is:

Day 1: Full clear normal with guild. (it is raid night)
Day 2: Clear as many +6s as me and team can handle for TF.
Day 3: Try to full clear Heroic with guild. (might not full clear we are 5/8 M guild so hopes aren’t too high)
Day 4: Keep going with the team on the +6s for TF.
Day 5-6: Probably more +6s for TF and maybe one +13 for the weekly residuum.

I think this to be the most proactive way to gear at the release of the new season. Any input guys?

my understanding is only the end of week reward will guarantee a 400 level item so only one chance versus 8 raid bosses.

level engineering and get 15 tidal core to make the new helmets.

the traits are very good, at least for warriors. has at least one of all our best, for all specs and the bombs are great for AoE.

otherwise that should work, assuming we are right about Titanforging, though keep in kind they are tuned higher so a +6 should be around a 9 in terms of dmg and such needed, although that’s really not saying much.

Ion said the first M+ Cache is Season 1 so capped at 380 ilvl.