New Holy priest here!

Hello priests! I’ve decided to play a holy priest healer this xpac as I’m already damaging and tanking on my paladin and wanted to ask a couple of questions about holy.

First off do you feel Empyreal Blaze is worth taking if I want to dps while healing? I’m currently leveling and noticing its huge mana cost.

Secondly is Circle of healing worth taking while you already have prayer of healing? Is that instant burst heal and its procs further down the tree worth it?

And thirdly, what capstones do you feel are worth using vs less useful?

Thanks in advance! Look forward to talking to you guys!

I’m not a holy expert, and someone may correct me, but from my understanding…

Yes Blaze is worth it, not only for the instant damage but also it extends the Holy Fire DoT duration and if you stay on top of Holy Fire CD you can have 100% uptime on tbat DoT from Blaze to Blaze CD which does add nicely to your damage through-out a fight.

Circle is also worth taking. Its a good on the move AoE cast you can access when needed and depending on the content you are doing you will or won’t take some of the support talents, often not in M+ but more so in raiding.

As for capstones I’m not sure, i thought Lightweaving was the must have but i hear that is changing now and I’m not to sure what is being used much anymore.

1 Like

Definitely. It lets you burst out some quick single target damage and after 10.0.5 you can take a talent that makes each holy fire splash 30% of its damage so it’ll be amazing for AOE damage as well.

Yes, CoH is one of your main “filler” spells for raid healing because it utilizes smart AI and prioritizes low hp targets. PoH is a proximity heal and doesn’t utilize smart AI.

For dungeons its a quick ability to top off multiple people in the group and in raid you usually press CoH and PoM on cd.

The best capstones are Lightweaver, Divine Word, Miracle Worker, and Resitution.

Lightweaver buffs up your single target healing so you can pump people in dungeons.

Divine Word is good for raid healing because you can lay down an AOE circle that heals everyone standing in it. Also, you can use the Serenity effect to buff up your Holy Word Salvation renew healing by a lot.

Miracle Worker is good because you get 1 extra Holy Word at your disposal which gives you extra on demand healing and also has the benefit of helping reduce your Holy Word Salvation cooldown for raid healing.

Restitution is simply a self-revive ability which has use in PvE and PvP content.

Divine Image & Lightwell aren’t very good atm. Lightwell scales very poorly and Divine Image is RNG. It’s about a 33% chance on each holy word cast to make it proc and its possibly to not have one appear for minutes at a time.