New Healer: Leveling Monk

Hello all!

I am returning to WoW after a LONG time away, and am looking to ask for some advice. So, I am wanting to get into maining a Mistweaver Monk since I enjoy it’s playstyle a lot more than the other healers. My question here is should I be concerned with learning fistweaving on my way up? I am dungeon spamming for a healing experience to better understand my abilities, and I do like the idea of fistweaving. However, due to it being reliant on lots of Haste, gear, and certain Azerite Traits, am I better off just coming back to it when I get the recommended gear setup? I already DPS while healing as it is, but since I won’t really benefit from fistweaving until I unlock Rising Mist, I’m assuming that looking into an advanced playstyle this early for me is probably not the way to go.

All in all, I’m satisfied either way. I just didn’t want to be looked down upon or seen as incompetent by not knowing how to fistweave by the time I’m level 120.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

1 Like

Since the low level dungeons are pretty easy, I would definitely try to get used to the abilities fistweaving uses and focus a lot on dps while healing. If you end up not using it at max level, oh well. You should know a pull or two in if you need to heal more. One annoying thing about a lot of the old dungeons is you’ll get spell locked, silenced, stunned, etc a lot more by being in melee.